Not Too Smart Sailfin Tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter Glott3133
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Glott3133

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2020
Messages
403
Reaction score
1,005
Location
Sleepy Hollow
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a sailfin for about a month now. She eats well, and actually picks at all algae around the tank. A very good cleanup fish. So I decided to buy her some seaweed to feed her directly. (Sally's Seaweed Salad). She will eat it if I tear it up into small pieces, but when I put it on a clip in the tank, she freaks out and stays away from it. Is there anyway to get her used to the seaweed on the clip?
 
Give her time, she will eventually realize that the clip isn't going to attack her. Leave the seaweed on the clip all day long and feed plenty of other offerings, she will get used to it.

You could also try attaching seaweed to a rock with a rubber band.
 
What brand of nori are you tying?

I’d suggest you start with longer strips on the clip, PLUS maybe skip other feeding for day or two. Hunger will overcome fear, then it’ll love it once it realizes the clip is not a murderous monster.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new