• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny... I made this exact point in the December contest thread. This is a photography contest. A mediocre photo of an astounding subject will never get my vote. An astounding photo of even a simple GSP will draw my vote every time.

Great discussion indeed, a while back we had a thread after the voting was done to constructively criticise the 5 first shots after each vote . We stopped it due to lack of participation, might be good to have it back.

This sounds like a good idea. I personally would like to see this so we can all help to improve each others skills. It shouldn't be about "Who has the coolest coral, or who has the best gear." The final production is what the contest is for. Who can produce the best photograph that month.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps the winner or even the top 3 should discuss how they achieved their result. Equipment, settings, ect. There are a lot of novice photographers who would love to attain results such as some that are shown, but lack the understanding on how best to reach that level.

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all who have participated or voted in Nov 2023 POTM.
Voting has been closed and winner is announced here
As discussed during the vote we will have a photo critique thread, where members will get to Critique or ask questions about the 5 pictures taht received the most votes, posters will also get the chance to discuss how they took the picture and what made it special to them as well as potientially address any questions about the topic.
photo critique thread can be found Here

Do subscribe to the following tags to get notified of new POTM, POTM Voting poll, POTM critique threads
#POTM #POTMvotingpoll POTM #POTMcritique

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all who have participated or voted in Nov 2023 POTM.
Voting has been closed and winner is announced here
As discussed during the vote we will have a photo critique thread, where members will get to Critique or ask questions about the 5 pictures taht received the most votes, posters will also get the chance to discuss how they took the picture and what made it special to them as well as potientially address any questions about the topic.
photo critique thread can be found Here

Do subscribe to the following tags to get notified of new POTM, POTM Voting poll, POTM critique threads
#POTM #POTMvotingpoll POTM #POTMcritique
This is the second time I participated in a POTM. Both times I got didly squat for notification’s. Nothing on voting or the winners (congrat's). You got 75 voters, that is a pretty poor outcome. I got 1 vote in what I thought was a pretty visually interesting photo. The timeline is poor. Voting ended on Jan 15 for something that happened in November? You shouldn’t have to search so hard for the contest, voting or winners.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back