Novice from India

SiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I have set up my reef tank on 14 Aug 2020 , so pretty new to this hobby. Hence will be looking forward to everyone for guidance.

2020 was not a year to forget, but a year to remember. We realised that geography can be history. This was the year to remember that there are no limits to which we can push ourselves and do anything. And that we will always be there for each other. The actual essence of this website to me in 2021.

Thank you
Sid

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received_680853599283486.jpeg

OP
OP
SiD

SiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow it’s nice to see another member here in Asia! I feel we’re quite underrepresented because the hobby in many of our countries is less well-established than the US / UK / Europe / AUS / NZ.
In India it is now a popular hobby although some quality equipment for Saltwater have to be imported.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the big country just next to you (China) and I’m normally in Guangzhou though currently in Taiwan and unable to go home due to China’s very strict border restrictions for foreigners (I am ethnic Chinese but with Canadian passport).

Would love to know more about the hobby in India.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sparked my interest in the hobby again was a visit to the Manila Aquarium in March 2020 when I was visiting the Philippines. Over the years sort of forgot about it because life and other stuff (mostly video games) got in the way.

OP
OP
SiD

SiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the big country just next to you (China) and I’m normally in Guangzhou though currently in Taiwan and unable to go home due to China’s very strict border restrictions for foreigners (I am ethnic Chinese but with Canadian passport).

Would love to know more about the hobby in India.
It is 4 1/2 hours flight to Guangzhou from where I live in India. i,e Kolkata

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice would love to visit India someday though not sure when. So much good food from India.

Guangzhou is pretty convenient when it comes to visiting much of Southeast Asia and maybe South Asia too.

When I lived in Vancouver there’s always been a significant Indian / South Asian community.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back