Shyla Manoharan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I just got a new gorgonian and it's my first coral in my seahorse tank. I'm curious to know the identity of this species as I'm unable to find it anywhere and the lfs I got it from only knows that it is a nps Gorgonian. Any help would be appreciated
20221212_070948.jpg
20221212_071028.jpg

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful gorgonian but with so many photo options available why get an nps. Their care requirements are demanding. People have had success. Sry on the Id so many species and still being found Good luck.

OP
OP
S

Shyla Manoharan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful gorgonian but with so many photo options available why get an nps. Their care requirements are demanding. People have had success. Sry on the Id so many species and still being found Good luck.
I honestly like the nps gorgonians more as I find them more appealing. It's a seahorse tank so I feed the seahorses at least 3x a day and do a 30% water change weekly. I also run a skimmer rated 2x my tank volume. I got them since I'm already running a high maintenance tank and my tank isn't over stocked.

Ocypode sinensis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do keep a few photosynthetic species.
972C709C-9CE5-4C9A-A383-E369A9CA196A.jpeg
In my experience, traditional Caribbean photosynthetic gorgonians are not imported to Asia on a regular basis if at all. I do notices a few species of gorgs that seems to be photosynthetic being found in Chinese aquarium trade though, but I doubt if that would get exported, not actually his fault for getting an NPS one haha

Drewerd7

Dank Tank Club
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I just got a new gorgonian and it's my first coral in my seahorse tank. I'm curious to know the identity of this species as I'm unable to find it anywhere and the lfs I got it from only knows that it is a nps Gorgonian. Any help would be appreciated
20221212_070948.jpg
20221212_071028.jpg
Still sorry that I cannot give you a name, but that is an absolutely GORGEOUS gorgonian. The intricate fractals, and beautiful fan shape are impressive.
Congratulations on owning a coveted specimen, no matter what it is!
Cherish it and love it as much as those seahorses!
I hope to see more tank updates and photos from you. Best of luck. -Drew

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back