NSA with Live rock that is in my tank

cghunter39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to build an NSA reef scape for my Reefer 525XL, Only problem is the rock is wet and using Mortar is out, Like E-Marco 400 since it states it doesn't work with wet rocks.
so how do I create large overhangs that need the strength of mortar, underwater?

IMG_1628.jpg

stevedola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think gluing wet rock will have the same results as when this is accomplished with dry marco rock. I dont think the bonds with super glue hold as well when the rock is wet. You could try to buy the thick super glue that BRS sells and then stick them together and after use some 2 part epoxy to help with the bonding long term but I think youre setting yourself up to fail and in a very frustrating manner. If you have a sump that could hold much of your current LR and then purchased new marco rock, you could create the new scape and not lose any of your filtration...maybe even incorporate some existing LR in the display with the NSA scape but IME gluing wet rock doesnt end well. The bonds eventually fail if the rocks are made to perform unnatural ascetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the weight and how much of an overhang you want I think 2 part epoxy could work. Only issue is I have seen people is saying it will affect tank ph as it’s curing if you use to much so it still may not work for you if your doing a big overhaul in a short time. It’s not fail proof though but better than super glue for this situation probably. I honestly don’t think this will be a very feasible thing to do without removing rocks.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back