Numb to live sales?

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s another weekend, and on R2R, it’s another live sale. Again. And now advertisements for the next live sale a week from today. I’ve become numb to them. Don’t even look anymore. They’ve become the GSP of the reefing community. Anyone else feel this way?

I know they drive revenue for R2R, and keeps this great community going. It would be great that when we visit the site, we see Reeftank 365, or other feature. Maybe something groundbreaking, maybe a featured coral or fish. And the promo for the live sale? Maybe move that down the page. Or find a way to opt out of advertising. Or if you’re a partner, the content can be audienced and you could opt in or out in your profile.

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, these are now part of the internet advertising noise everywhere.
But, I would assume they are suffering a lot and all need an outlet since we cannot have frag swaps this past year. I try to help when they are reasonably priced, that is becoming less and less of a norm. In this climate though, I am more focused on shopping my LFS so I still can have an LFS

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will buy from them if the price is right. I prefer to hit the LFS and see the colors in person, this way i know the colors are true and on point. Not saturated or modified in anyway.

looking forward to next month .... presidents day live sale
;Woot ;Woot ;Woot ;Smuggrin ;Smuggrin ;Smuggrin

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe move that down the page. Or find a way to opt out of advertising. Or if you’re a partner, the content can be audienced and you could opt in or out in your profile.

I've been attempting to have that as an option for years now. One of the main reasons I won't pay for a partner membership anymore. For those of us that can't even participate in the live sales even if we wanted to it's even more annoying to see them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was very active with these auctions UNTIL the prices became an insult and I will OCCASIONALLY observe but have not seen any True Sale prices since early 2020
$50 shipping gets me 2-3 nice pieces at my LFS

Support your LFS as you not only build a personal relationship but live sales Dont sell filters and medication or equipment needed. If we dont support them and they close their doors, where do we go next ?

Last edited:

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with the sales imo is that everything is still ridiculously expensive. The frags still tend to be really tiny though.

I saw two magician zoa polyps for $30 at one live sale, down from $50. I went down to my LFS and they had the same zoas for $20, and no shipping.

namfuak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boring night?

I don't mind the live sales and try to participate in what I can, but I'm also new to reefing and that could explain it. I have a couple great LFSs, but have still been able to pull in some great deals in live sales. I have a feeling that there is a good portion of participants in the sales that don't even have a LFS.

As has been stated, these sales/advertisements help keep the lights on and helps the community as a whole. I don't see a single banner at the top of the newest forum posts as a big problem. If you don't want to participate, don't participate. There are plenty of people that do and it helps those out. One thing that should be kept in mind is that recent sponsor posts are at the very bottom of the page and are probably rarely seen.

That being said, I wouldn't be apposed to an opt out option for partners or supporters, even though I'm not personally bothered.

Back