OP
OP
K

KleineVampir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much nopox do you guys reckon? I just dumped in 20 mils for better or for worse. I want to see what effect it has on the tank, then maybe I can begin to understand how to actually use it. If I don't see anything for a couple days I'll probably dump in another 20 mils. The thing is, it says to measure the nitrate...there won't be any nitrate reading. I've done it plenty of times and I've never gotten a reading. It's all locked up in algae.

OP
OP
K

KleineVampir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops 20 mils is a crap ton. Oh well, hopefully since it's the first time and since I don't do water changes, it'll make some semblance of sense. But in my defense they do not tell you how much to dose per gallon. Because of what I said before about testing. Maybe this 20 mils will destroy all the GHA in the tank. That would be nice honestly! Just hope the inhabitants don't mind it...

OP
OP
K

KleineVampir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just careful not to completely bottom out your nutrients. Some people end up getting more problems than just gha.
I heard corals won't like it without any nutrients, but that is to be expected given that they rely on a form of algae to stay alive. Aside from that, what could happen?

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with algae it slowly consumes the nutrients, corals still have nutrients to absorb. Completely nuking it with chemicals and keeping it nuked is where it goes bad.

OP
OP
K

KleineVampir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ideally I'd nuke it down to where there was no GHA but enough nutrients for the coral. But yeah you can't make it so nothing in there can photosynthesize. I'd like to see this tank without any algae for once though!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back