Nutrients Depleting to Fast

TropicalTideAquatics

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! My Nitrates and phosphates drop ridiculously fast always going down to 0. My tank is a 260 gallon Mixed Reef Tank with LPS and SPS. I have quite a few fish in there. I feed a healthy amount of TDO pellets twice a day and even feed my corals once a week with reef roids. I even quit doing water changes and got rid of chaeto in refugium. No matter what I do I always go to 0 nutrients and I have to dose NeoNitro or NeoPhos to keep it up at all. What should I do? Recommendations? I even quit doing water changes!
 
How old is the system? How much new rock and sand is in it?
 
I’d feed more or dose N and P if they drop below your target ranges. Many folks dose. I dose ammonium bicarbonate daily. It is not expensive at all.
 
Swap out one of your feedings with frozen food instead of pellets. That may help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new