Nutrition sea water

Rene42

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2020
Messages
105
Reaction score
22
Location
Astoria
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 g nano. I have been fighting a green algea bloom for a couple of months. I have exhausted all my options and thinking about starting over. However I have corals and fish in it. Condy anemone, magnifica anemone, mushroom toad stool, rock flower anemone, mini carpet, a few zoanthids, 2 true perc , fire fish goby, stripped basslet, orchid dottyback. Do you think that they would be ok if I switch out the water?
 
Are you considering a 100% water change? Most of the bacteria is in the rock and sand, but you may want to find other solutions to the root of your problem besides resorting to a 100% wc that is a drastic solution to algae
 
Yes I have. Been in the hobby for over a year

Ah ok. I wasn't sure if you meant switch out the water as in water change or switch brands (such as making your own). Do you have a picture of the algae and your phosphate levels?
 
Ah ok. I wasn't sure if you meant switch out the water as in water change or switch brands (such as making your own). Do you have a picture of the algae and your phosphate levels?
Phosphate levels are at zero.
 

Attachments

  • 0FE8E006-9FE3-40D2-9FEA-45ACC9E4FEEA.jpeg
    0FE8E006-9FE3-40D2-9FEA-45ACC9E4FEEA.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 79
I think you should find new homes for the live stock and restart. I’ve seen your other threads and it sounds like a restart would be good. It looks like you added livestock quickly and it caused problems, nothing good happens fast in this hobby
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new