Nuvo 20 Filtration

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andy_P
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Andy_P

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
18
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a Nuvo 20 AIO the other day for a steal. Got it scaped and running over the weekend, dosing CaribSea PurpleUp daily (of course testing to verify levels) and just letting it run. 3ish year old sand and ceramic media. Current filtration is 2 socks at each overflow, ceramics, and a sponge. I have no intention of putting any fish or coral in this tank for at least a month depending on how fast everything gets established and parameters level out, I'm in no hurry to stock it either as I'm not 100% sure of the route I want to take with it. My question is what additional filtration (if any) would you recommend? I don't anticipate the need for carbon unless something crazy happens and I don't plan on running any kind of skimmer as I haven't seen the need for it in any nano that I've run as a lower bio load and water changes have kept my parameters in check. The tank has only been running for a couple days now so I'm just waiting and testing to see what happens.

20221203_235403.jpg
 
Either the IM media caddy or an InTank media caddy (first choice, albeit more expensive). Then filter floss, ChemiPure blue and bio media of your choice.
I have the IM caddy, would I need to run 2 since there are 2 overflows on this tank or would the 1 suffice?
 
I have the IM caddy, would I need to run 2 since there are 2 overflows on this tank or would the 1 suffice?
I found that a single caddy + filter sock worked best, but if you do add an InTank media caddy only add one in addition to the stock IM media caddy (they're designed a little differently and don't have an emergency overflow feature like the stock IM ones).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new