Nuvo Fusion 10 College Setup

I'm actually cycling my nuvo fusion 10 currently and can tell you that the display volume is quite cramped (~7-8 gallons). I've paired it with a nanobox tide m, which was able to grow zoas and shrooms just fine when I had it running over a 2 gallon. Filtration wise just stick to the filter sock they give you and throw in a bag of chemipure blue. You can upgrade to an intank media basket, but I believe you should just do water changes for tanks this size. Be very careful with using sand in tanks this size if you don't plan on regularly cleaning it.
 
Here's my standard 10 gallon frag tank and the nuvo fusion 10.
20170628_131436.jpg 20170628_131247.jpg
 
I'm actually cycling my nuvo fusion 10 currently and can tell you that the display volume is quite cramped (~7-8 gallons). I've paired it with a nanobox tide m, which was able to grow zoas and shrooms just fine when I had it running over a 2 gallon. Filtration wise just stick to the filter sock they give you and throw in a bag of chemipure blue. You can upgrade to an intank media basket, but I believe you should just do water changes for tanks this size. Be very careful with using sand in tanks this size if you don't plan on regularly cleaning it.

Do you feel it's necessary to add a powerhead? I was considering getting the Auqa Gadget Spin Stream Nozzle. Do you think that's a waste?
 
Yeah I'd recommend adding a koralia 240 if you don't have high flow demanding corals. The stock pump is incredibly weak and pretty loud. I have the tank next to my bed and the vibrating noise makes it hard to sleep. Just bought a sicce 0.5 to replace it. Youd be better off getting the weakest jebao wavemaker over the spin stream if you wanted more flow.
 
Do you feel it's necessary to add a powerhead? I was considering getting the Auqa Gadget Spin Stream Nozzle. Do you think that's a waste?
I'd say that you need one or the other. I'm planning on getting a spin stream and upgrading the pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new