Nuvo Fusion 50 Lagoon - Not many on here!

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random, 50 forward and 70 reverse. I oriented it vertical and moved it to the back wall and like it better in this position strictly due to visual. Hardly noticeable back there and the flow is still good. I may put in a second one and alternate the flow, although imo a second is not necessary it's just something that would be nice if they can be synched.

Thanks for the info

Oriti352

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old post lol. But how did or do you like the 9004 tunze. I bought it not realizing it has to take the 1st chamber

OP
OP
DentistReefer413

DentistReefer413

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old post lol. But how did or do you like the 9004 tunze. I bought it not realizing it has to take the 1st chamber
It was okay. For me, it would develop a click/pop in the intake airline. I'd have to take it apart, clean the airline, and within a few days it would start to click/pop intermittently again. Just loud enough to drive me insane. I eventually turned it off and noticed no difference in the health of the tank. The primary reason I like skimmers is for the aeration, honestly, so for that it worked well. But I didn't love having the 9004's collection cup sticking up above the top of the tank. I probably would have been just as happy with the IM skimmer that sits in the 2nd chamber! Hope that helps!

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I ran into similar issues with it clicking/popping, so I drilled a bunch of holes in the side/body to make sure that the aeration chamber stayed full. This stopped the clicking/popping and made the skimmer work more consistently since this allowed me more flexibility to tune it better. Currently running it only at night since I have plenty of aeration already and didn't like the small number of micro-bubbles that would make it to the display.

Oriti352

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into similar issues with it clicking/popping, so I drilled a bunch of holes in the side/body to make sure that the aeration chamber stayed full. This stopped the clicking/popping and made the skimmer work more consistently since this allowed me more flexibility to tune it better. Currently running it only at night since I have plenty of aeration already and didn't like the small number of micro-bubbles that would make it to the display.
I recently just started hearing that random clicking noise!

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that torch - it’s always happy. I wish it was a bit more colorful like a gold or purple variety, but one can only ask for so much from a torch!

-Weekly 10g water change
-“Fuel” every other day
-Kalk in ATO
-Stock IM filter socks (changed every 3-4 days).
-I do feed BulkReefSupply’s Reef Chili every other day too.

I don’t have a skimmer. Not that I can’t get one, but my intent was to keep this setup as “simple” as possible for a successful mixed reef tank. So far, nothing is fussing about the lack of a skimmer. Also I’ve noticed that when I keep the tank “too clean,” the corals don’t look as happy and colorful.
how much fuel do you dose every other day? tank looks amazing btw! im upgrading from my 13.5 that ive had for a few years (and love) to the lagoon 50 very soon!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back