IM Nuvo 40 L vs IM Nuvo 50 Lagoon

Melvin3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am comparing the Nuvo 40 long and the 50 lagoon and cannot decide. I read one bad review regarding the Nuvo 50’s build quality and was wondering if this is something to be concerned about? I’m mostly worried about the quality of the seams and water leaks, not so much the pump failing. I also saw somewhere on a reef2reef forum that a Nuvo 20 glass had leaked at a seam and destroyed the tank, is this something to be worried about?

IMG_0978.png

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with IM tanks (10g and 40L) have been that they are well built, high quality. Certainly not as many seam failure reports as Red Sea.

I like the footprint of the 40L a bit better. Good length for fish to swim, making some wrasses more comfortable, and the width isn't too wide so you have the versatility to use multiple nano LEDs (like I do) or go bars.

The 50 has the benefit of a few more inches of height, which can be important (my stylo is already hitting the surface when pumps are off) at the expense of 6 inches of length. Get a bit more width, too, which is nice.

I think the tanks will give a similar experience.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back