Innovative Marine Nuvo 40l vs 50

Melvin3000

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Location
los angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am comparing the Nuvo 40 long and the 50 lagoon and cannot decide. I read one bad review regarding the Nuvo 50’s build quality and was wondering if this is something to be concerned about? I’m mostly worried about the quality of the seams and water leaks, not so much the pump failing. I also saw somewhere on a reef2reef forum that a Nuvo 20 glass had leaked at a seam and destroyed the tank, is this something to be worried about?

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/innovative-marine-tank-disaster.913193/
IMG_0978.png
 
I have the 50 and have not had any bad experiences with it. It’s been up and running for just over a year.

That’s the first I’ve heard of any issues with them. Honestly I wouldn’t let one or two bad reviews turn you off to them. It’s the internet after all :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new