NuvoFusion 20Gal Aquascape Critique

CallMeJus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM NuvoFusion 20, aquascape done with CaribSea Life Rock. The tank will be Zoa dominated, with Acans and possibly other coral. What recommendations do you have?

C39F54A4-55A4-4DCF-82E5-7F56A2EA03F4.jpeg B736D9ED-F374-4BC8-B9CF-A50962E69C31.jpeg

Last edited:

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like #2. I would pull the far right off the glass a little more. Maybe swap the middle rock with the left rock so the “cave” or “ledge” would be in the middle. But that’s just me.

SaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like #2, as said above i would pull the rocks off the glass a little more if you plan on using a glass cleaner

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More rock. You want 1/3 to 1/2 full. The idea is to give your fish places to hide. Being a nano tank you want a couple caves to retreat to the sand bed while being undercover. You accomplish this by putting a piece of tonga branch on the sand and then placing a rock on top while leaving a small cave. I personally like about 15% free on both sides and build it up like an arch. Do it so you have light reaching the lower tiers so that you can put coral on all levels. You accomplish this by using the largest rocks on the bottom. Make sure you got at least 2" space between the rock and glass. First things first... get at least 25% more rock. Dont worry about boulders. I like to glue small pieces together with that reef welder beads in purple. Boulders are fine for the bottom layer.

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need any more rock personally.
Definitely think the right hand structure needs to move away from the glass more, but otherwise just have a play and find some designs that please the eye. My Scape took me weeks to decide!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back