• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NY Aquatic - my first purchase here

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order for two fish on 1/12/21 from @NYAquatic .I recieved a confirmation email for the transaction but nothing was included regarding shipping date. I paid for FedEx overnight. Im just wondering if anyone has ordered from there recently and if so, whats the timeframe for order fulfillment typically?

I'm okay with a delay, I just want to know when to expect it so I can plan accordingly...

I emailed them on 1/13/21 and haven't heard back yet so came here. Will update if I do.

Last edited:

tbare89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also placed an order a couple days ago and have not heard anything. I'll post here if I do.

OP
OP
DothanReefer

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also placed an order a couple days ago and have not heard anything. I'll post here if I do.
Okay, thanks for replying!! Maybe he is just busy or on a holiday...??

It seems he comes highly recommended by others on here so maybe this is normal for orders from there, guess we'll see. Have you ever ordered from @NYAquatic before?

If I hear something, I will also post here...

OP
OP
DothanReefer

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically takes a few days for them to ship fish. Have you called him? he always answers the phone when I have called.
I was considering calling today if I don't recieve an email reply. Trying not to bother, but at the same time kinda wish I knew how to plan my days for the next week to be sure I'm here for acceptance of the fish. Really could care less if its even 2 or 3 weeks out, just want to know when so I can plan accordingly ... thanks for the suggestion.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
He quarantines and watches temperatures and releases the order when both are favorable
Keep an open mind that the longer he has them is the more qt time they’re getting and a chance to eat

OP
OP
DothanReefer

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He quarantines and watches temperatures and releases the order when both are favorable
Keep an open mind that the longer he has them is the more qt time they’re getting and a chance to eat
This is great news if thats what is going on. Guess I figured there woukd be a little more communication on the ordering/fulfillment process. The 2 fish i ordered are still listed on the site for sale, so maybe its a deal where he has multiples and conditions/QTs them after an order has been placed.

Two fish ordered are Blue Spotted Jawfish and Japanese Bella Goby...fwiw

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is great news if thats what is going on. Guess I figured there woukd be a little more communication on the ordering/fulfillment process. The 2 fish i ordered are still listed on the site for sale, so maybe its a deal where he has multiples and conditions/QTs them after an order has been placed.

Two fish ordered are Blue Spotted Jawfish and Japanese Bella Goby...fwiw
He recently advertised purple tang. On his site, he had like 18 of them in a video all eating

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually he will ship out your order the next day after ordering. If you don't get a shipping notice email the next day, it's usually because he got swamped and did not ship your fish out or your fish is no longer available. He's not always the best at proactively letting you know this, so your best bet is to try to contact him to see what's going on.

NYAquatic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Glad all worked out for everyone
We did get a bit more backed up during the holidays
Between Fedex delays, weather issues, holiday clusures, and still operating with Covid restrictions, it was challending.
But we are pretty much all caught up now.
Full speed ahead.
And as always, stay safe

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NYAquatic Mike is awesome. I order 2 purples a month ago for during his sale. First time ordering couldn’t be happier. Im waiting for a moorish idol to come in on his website. So I can get one. He guarantees his are eating before shipping. So going to take the plunge last fish I really need for the tank

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back