• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NY AQUATICS Review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for my review of @NYAquatic and my experience getting this nem. I will be as open and honest about my experience as possible. Overall I rate my experience as a 9 out of 10. So I will def order from them again and would recommend them.

First, I went to the website after a recommendation from another member. They didn't have any direct experience but they had a fellow reefer that had ordered from them in the past with positive results.

I did a search on r2r for NYaquatics and was slightly concerned about some of the feedback in multiple threads, however the feedback got progressively better the more recent it was so I decided to go for it.

Website review: basic website with what I would call hobbyist quality pictures. I do not mean this as a negative. I appreciate the pictures as they feel close to what I can expect when I receive what I order. The website was easy enough to navigate and the prices seem fair. I would love to see more about the treatments they place livestock through and the average basic parameters of their system (but this is really an issue with most vendors it seems).

Customer service: I sent an initial message to the company over the weekend and didn't receive a response on Monday. No big deal to me, I know being in retail it can take a day or 2 to get caught up after the weekend. I decided to call them before placing an order and had a brief conversation regarding treatment (there was none), how long they had it, and a few other questions. The information given to me was basic but not alarming or anything so I decided to place the order. I sent a follow up email when I received a confirmation email requesting shipping on Wednesday for Thursday delivery. That request was fulfilled and I received the nem at around 1130 roughly today.
I hadn't received a tracking number for the order after the status was changed to shipped so I sent an additional email this morning to get that. The response was quick and my subsequent emails (couldn't initially get link or tracking number to work) were also followed up in a timely fashion. Much appreciated. I think I was having issues with FedEx website, or user error. :) overall good communication. Very happy with it.

Packaging: box came sealed and dry. The insulated cooler was intact and they use a quality one, not like some vendors that just put cut peices of Styrofoam in a box and call it a cooler. The nem came double bagged with metal crimps which I prefer. I have had rubber bands break in transit and tied bags are a nuisance (personal opinion). There were 2 heat packs that were still warm wrapped in newspaper and the water was still at a good temp when it arrived.

20210318_113005.jpg
20210318_113009.jpg
20210318_113016.jpg

Livestock quality: the anemone came and appeared to be in good health in the bag. Water was cloudy but not brown and did not have any odor. I did a very slow acclimation and the nem even began opening and attaching its foot to my acclimation box about halfway through. There were no obvious signs of injury or disease and it had good color upon arrival. It has not fully opened yet but based on the size of its foot and my other nems it should be in the 8 to 10 inch range that it was advertised at. It has been in the tank now for about 2 hours, it has not had any deflating and inflating and the foot has attached to the rocks.

20210318_164621.jpg
20210318_164633.jpg
20210318_164638.jpg
20210318_164648.jpg

Overall good experience.
Thank you @NYAquatic .

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for my review of @NYAquatic and my experience getting this nem. I will be as open and honest about my experience as possible. Overall I rate my experience as a 9 out of 10. So I will def order from them again and would recommend them.

First, I went to the website after a recommendation from another member. They didn't have any direct experience but they had a fellow reefer that had ordered from them in the past with positive results.

I did a search on r2r for NYaquatics and was slightly concerned about some of the feedback in multiple threads, however the feedback got progressively better the more recent it was so I decided to go for it.

Website review: basic website with what I would call hobbyist quality pictures. I do not mean this as a negative. I appreciate the pictures as they feel close to what I can expect when I receive what I order. The website was easy enough to navigate and the prices seem fair. I would love to see more about the treatments they place livestock through and the average basic parameters of their system (but this is really an issue with most vendors it seems).

Customer service: I sent an initial message to the company over the weekend and didn't receive a response on Monday. No big deal to me, I know being in retail it can take a day or 2 to get caught up after the weekend. I decided to call them before placing an order and had a brief conversation regarding treatment (there was none), how long they had it, and a few other questions. The information given to me was basic but not alarming or anything so I decided to place the order. I sent a follow up email when I received a confirmation email requesting shipping on Wednesday for Thursday delivery. That request was fulfilled and I received the nem at around 1130 roughly today.
I hadn't received a tracking number for the order after the status was changed to shipped so I sent an additional email this morning to get that. The response was quick and my subsequent emails (couldn't initially get link or tracking number to work) were also followed up in a timely fashion. Much appreciated. I think I was having issues with FedEx website, or user error. :) overall good communication. Very happy with it.

Packaging: box came sealed and dry. The insulated cooler was intact and they use a quality one, not like some vendors that just put cut peices of Styrofoam in a box and call it a cooler. The nem came double bagged with metal crimps which I prefer. I have had rubber bands break in transit and tied bags are a nuisance (personal opinion). There were 2 heat packs that were still warm wrapped in newspaper and the water was still at a good temp when it arrived.

20210318_113005.jpg
20210318_113009.jpg
20210318_113016.jpg

Livestock quality: the anemone came and appeared to be in good health in the bag. Water was cloudy but not brown and did not have any odor. I did a very slow acclimation and the nem even began opening and attaching its foot to my acclimation box about halfway through. There were no obvious signs of injury or disease and it had good color upon arrival. It has not fully opened yet but based on the size of its foot and my other nems it should be in the 8 to 10 inch range that it was advertised at. It has been in the tank now for about 2 hours, it has not had any deflating and inflating and the foot has attached to the rocks.

20210318_164621.jpg
20210318_164633.jpg
20210318_164638.jpg
20210318_164648.jpg

Overall good experience.
Thank you @NYAquatic .
Very thorough. Gorgous nem.
tv land pay attention GIF by YoungerTV

@Erin O I think you need some of these

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fishy65 man whats the light your using. The shimmer and stuff is crazy. Great pic
2x 24 inch blue plus 2x 24 inch actinic T5's and a 250 w Phoenix hexarc double ended metal halide.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would LOVE to get one, but aren't they fairly aggressive?
Carpet nems are not aggressive. They do not chase fish and try to eat them lol. Although I swear my merten tries to walk into fish swim paths so he can catch more fish lol.

They are super sticky and their sting is strong. So if a fish does swim into them, it is usually bad.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice nem there @Fishy65 .. :cool: what's your guess on spread size??

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpet nems are not aggressive. They do not chase fish and try to eat them lol. Although I swear my merten tries to walk into fish swim paths so he can catch more fish lol.

They are super sticky and their sting is strong. So if a fish does swim into them, it is usually bad.
:rolleyes:;Hilarious

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back