• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NY Aquatics, worst experience with a vendor in 20yrs if reefing!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where to start. I'll give a quick bullet point of the deficiencies/lack of communication I experienced with NY Aquatics.
1. Did not have fish I ordered and paid for. (Do to losing them)
2. Did not ship on agreed upon date.
3. Did not communicate that he did not have the fish I ordered. Nor did he communicate to me that the fish would not ship, which cost me a days pay as I had taken the day off to receive shipment. And he called my loss of pay an "inconvenience.
He did try to make things right but that didn't go well either.
After a few emails where he said all the right things I decided to give them a second chance, as I was guaranteed I wouldn't be disappointed. Added another fish to what was to be replaced. My mistake.
4. Sends video of fish eating. Fish look great. Wrasse has no blemishes, angel looks great. Fish arrive to me are not the ones in the video. Wrasse has huge wound on his back. Angel has half rotted off pectoral fin, and what I fear is uronema.
5. Absolutely no follow up from NY Aquatics. One would think with all the issues we had and my giving them a second chance he would follow up on his promise not to "disappoint. "
I am nothing but disappointed.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I was looking for threads like this and unfortunately I have to agree now. I bought a baby pufferfish from them at a show quarantined for a short period and it died shortly after. Followed by banggai cardinals DOA, a goby dead soon after shipping, as well as a dead anthias which was a donation for my school tank. I appreciate their generosity and their knowledge…but I have never had so many fish deaths leading back to one seller and I question what their importers/collectors do now and treatment of their fish before they receive them. I notice they ship their fish in 1.026 salinity which I find interesting since it’s not the norm and most sellers ship a lot lower for a multitude of reasons. Also because they work directly with sellers/importers the process and treatment is a lot different compared to working with a trusted wholesaler who vets collectors/exporters. I’m not trying to bash them either and they have been so generous but I wanted to share my experience. Because I have had fish shipped before as well as some of the very same healthy fish in other tanks and guess what? They are all doing amazing! I haven’t changed my practices and what is really successful in my own tanks for all my other fish. Also they are replacing them and have some amazing inverts and access to fish so I credit them for that. But I do question the treatment of them and more so from the people they buy from and then the tanks they are in.

Last edited:

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same here worst experience ive had. I thought they were a legit seller. They had Milii clownfish available so i grabbed a female to complete my pair. Did not ship on the agreed date. Then shipped 2 days late to the wrong address. Fish have been stuck in a warehouse since Friday 27th. I havent heard back from them after i told them that the fish were not delivered and confronted them about the wrong address for UPS pick up. They used to reply within minutes. In a couple hours if i do not hear from them I will be calling my bank.

DO NOT BUY FROM NYAQUATICS

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Received the refund and an apology for the mistakes. They don't sound like bad people but too many mistakes for me personally and they seem to specialize in bigger rare fish, not the nano stuff I like. If you don't have any issue with taking days off to be able to take in the delivery, go ahead and try them, otherwise if you're on a tighter schedule like me, I would buy somewhere else for now until they get more helping hands to get things shipped out on promised dates. Happy reefing yalls

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
number one reason I DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER BUY ONLINE
Sucks for those who have too
We’ve found a couple of really good venders to get our fish online the closest store is over 2 hours away, and haven’t been that happy with. Especially lack of knowledge of the employees

Nanoreefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not official until people start to add their “and that’s exactly why I don’t….” to the mix!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive had great luck with this vendor and yes- great source for buying larger and rarer fish

Nanoreefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had great luck with this vendor and yes- great source for buying larger and rarer fish
I’m pretty sure he does. Or at least for some space in time he did, given how long he’s been vending. It’s just negative feelings and experiences resonate and flow easier through most folks.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back