• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NYAquatic Treats Repeat Customers Like Garbage!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
772C9E27-BDE3-4A02-8853-208C52CDFEC9.jpeg
Are you a crook michael, clear cut question?
You sent me a $500 fish in a half gallon of frigid water and have the nerve to say I killed it?!

But your shadiness doesn’t end there, you send me a fake replacement that’s not even a bell’s, but you pass it off as one?!
An angular wrasse (which also died!) that you KNOW you sent, but then play dumb?!
90B763D7-F912-4FBC-8CE1-05C400AE0048.jpeg

I know you know, because you sent it for Saturday delivery...
No one goofs that badly!

You really have no idea why I’m seeking a refund?
Hmmm, let’s see?
You ignored my honest and legitimate requests to make things right.

I don’t understand what would make you treat a repeat customer like garbage?!

My 3rd or 4th order with you michael, you have $450+ of my hard earned money now; I have nothing to show for it.

This isn’t how good people run businesses

4889A174-DFE7-4BAD-9DEC-54ECE47A50AC.jpeg

2BFC4BF8-C543-4584-8680-422C0E03246D.jpeg

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here’s a thread I started where I was actually trying to respect his business (by not naming him) hoping it all was a mistake...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bought.323505/

I didn’t want to disparage him then, but this just isn’t fair, I’m a paying member of this site and I don’t feel I should be crooked by the vendors on this site!

OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a link to where he tried to sell an angular wrasse as a bell’s wrasse last year;

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/removed.256451/

which is exactly what he did to me with the replacement, now he gets to tell the cc company that he honored his end, when in fact he did a dishonest thing.
He’s well aware of what he’s doing, I’m sure of that!

There are plenty of honest vendors on r2r, most go above and beyond with their customer service!
Just do your research brotha, I went against all the negative reviews of nyaquatic just because I had bought diamondtail flashers and venustus angels from him in the past 2013-2014, had no problems then.
Shouldn’t of just assumed he’d be an honorable guy in 2017, the world’s gone mad

I hope so too, because I really don’t want to print a bunch of stuff to send to my cc company, I shouldn’t be put in a position to have to do that...

It’s very frustrating for me, but keep doing your homework, there are a bunch of honest folks that are vendors on this site as I’m sure you’re aware.
Good people that communicate well and go out of their way to ensure your buying process is a positive one.

Thanks man, I hope things work out too.

Seems this bait and switch thing is his modus operandi, and that’s not good for any of the members on this site.

To be hoodwinked by someone when you’re spending all this money to acquire something that is to be a centerpiece, or a fish you’ve just really desired for a long time, is just heartbreaking.
Then to have to go through this credit card drama to get back what is rightfully yours is just asinine.

He had 2 bell’s listed on his site when he did the shady switch with royal angular.
2 bell’s that he sold from under me!
If he’d done the right thing then, I wouldn’t be gutwrenched about him basically stealing almost $500 from me now.
I’d have a bell’s, which is why I gave him money in the first place

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I certainly don’t think I’m perfect, but I was a loyal customer; especially for all of these purchases

3C0024CC-740C-4602-8023-46C4C1FE87CD.png

585EB23D-92C1-42B3-B720-303E20A88985.png

71B8B5E5-A712-4AB0-82CA-BE7B918D7312.png

Never had an issue previously, and michael was definitely a better communicator then too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChiCity

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why delete all the comments if I’m a r2r supporter?
I can’t tell my side of the story?

Last edited by a moderator:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Terms of Service is clear on this subject. Only the involved parties are allowed to comment in trying to reach a resolution.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I see,
You have to protect shady vendors from negative feedback.
Cool.
Duly noted

It's not an element of protecting one party or the other, it's about protecting both parties. The dispute is between you and the vendor and discussions in trying to reach a resolution should not be influenced in any manner by third parties. Anyone can read and follow the discussions, but only the two of you are allowed to comment. We hope a mutually agreeable resolution can be found.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone else had first-hand experiences, they should definitely start their own feedback thread. This way the community can have a clear idea of what vendors they would like to do business with. However, only the parties involved may post in any particular feedback thread.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so it is clear none of your posts were deleted only comments from members not involved. You can and have told your side of the story. Removing the outside comments has not changed your side of the story.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh I see,
You have to protect shady vendors from negative feedback.
Cool.
Duly noted

This is disturbing to me because if we we're trying to "protect" a vendor as you say then we would have deleted this whole thread and banned you. All we ask is that our rules be followed and we have a reason for each of them. Not one of those reasons include protecting a vendor from bad feedback. An apology would be nice. Thanks.

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep these alive, this guy is a crook. It is sad that Reef2Reef protects them by not letting others comment on threads. You can comment on "good" threads but when someone has a bad experience you get censored.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep these alive, this guy is a crook. It is sad that Reef2Reef protects them by not letting others comment on threads. You can comment on "good" threads but when someone has a bad experience you get censored.
If we were “protecting” vendors we wouldn’t allow any threads like these, nor would we invite others with negative experiences to start their own threads. It’s a simple rule and I’m not sure why it’s hard to understand or follow. Again you are more than welcome to start your own feedback thread.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As has been stated Several times, there are NO sides just a rule of the forum. Without question, this site gives everyone an opportunity to post in an open and fair forum. Accusations of favoritism are unfounded. The forum rules are for everyone's protection. JMHO

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened in the end?
Did the cc company refund the money? if so why not?
if the seller did not replace with the correct item anyone could sell an item say for instance sell a fake diamond have a customer complain replace it with another fake diamond and force you to pay and not get a refund.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back