NYAquatics: Another Buyer Beware

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tchaimd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tchaimd

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Texas
I had a different, but equally disappointing first-time purchase experience from NYAquatic, as well.

I ordered a "Show-Sized" Powder Blue tang, and was really excited to receive it, but when it arrived, the fish measured barely 4" in length (see pic), not even close to "Show-Sized." It does make me wonder why the vendor did not bother to confirm the size order before shipping, as there is a clear discrepancy in the fish size that I ordered and the one that was shipped. I ended up giving it away to a LFS for free, and I now patiently wait for an actual Show-Sized Powder Blue tang to pop up for sale one day, somewhere out there!

Just fyi, I did contact the company, and they offered store credit, but my point is that the mistake really should not have happened in the first place, in my opinion - very bizarre oversight on their part!

powderbluefish.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hey buddy, why dont you Contact @PiecesOfTheOcean
im sure he is able to procure you a Show size fish of your wishing.
he has a great reputation when it comes to fish
 
Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed them and they said that they didn’t have one available. Ungortunately they didn’t mention or even offer to find one, either. Oh, well, I will keep waiting for one or more to pop up.
 
Last edited:
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new