OP
Heyy_KB

Heyy_KB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following for inspiration for when I get a tank/move to nyc in a year!
thanks! I read your post on coming back into the hobby, welcome back! once you get settled in the city and have your tank cycled, I'm sure I'll have a frag or two I can hook you up with! in the mean time you have a lot of planning/saving to do =)

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
" I'm sure I'll have a frag or two I can hook you up with!"

That's so kind!

"you have a lot of planning/saving to do =)"

no kidding!

OP
OP
Heyy_KB

Heyy_KB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't update the reef blog in a while. Here are the quick updates.

• Added copepods/phytoplankton from Algaebarn. AMAZING product for adding biodiversity to the tank and for cleaning through the rest of my algae problems. Notice how clean the rockscape is.
  • Trochus Snails started spawning. One releasing eggs and the other sperm into the tank. Doubt any will make it but it was cool to watch (peep the photo).
  • Mangroves stalks added. I have always been curious about mangroves for nutrient export, diversity, and just to see if I could grow a tree.
  • Added corals. Decided to go with a softie dominated tank. Having a busier schedule with limited room steered me away from an SPS dominated tank. Softies are easier manage, hardier, and give pleasant movement in the tank for visitors to appreciate. I do have a frag of goniopora and may add other LPS in the future. Well shall see.
  • #RBTA #ftw
  • Start of a Zoa garden.
  • Fish to come next month.
Reef (1 of 3).jpg
Reef (3 of 3).jpg
Reef (1 of 13).jpg
Reef (2 of 13).jpg
Reef (8 of 13).jpg
Reef (9 of 13).jpg
Reef (3 of 13).jpg
Reef (4 of 13).jpg
Reef (10 of 13).jpg
Reef (11 of 13).jpg
Reef (12 of 13).jpg

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Love the photography!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Haven't update the reef blog in a while. Here are the quick updates.

• Added copepods/phytoplankton from Algaebarn. AMAZING product for adding biodiversity to the tank and for cleaning through the rest of my algae problems. Notice how clean the rockscape is.
  • Trochus Snails started spawning. One releasing eggs and the other sperm into the tank. Doubt any will make it but it was cool to watch (peep the photo).
  • Mangroves stalks added. I have always been curious about mangroves for nutrient export, diversity, and just to see if I could grow a tree.
  • Added corals. Decided to go with a softie dominated tank. Having a busier schedule with limited room steered me away from an SPS dominated tank. Softies are easier manage, hardier, and give pleasant movement in the tank for visitors to appreciate. I do have a frag of goniopora and may add other LPS in the future. Well shall see.
  • #RBTA #ftw
  • Start of a Zoa garden.
  • Fish to come next month.
Reef (1 of 3).jpg
Reef (3 of 3).jpg
Reef (1 of 13).jpg
Reef (2 of 13).jpg
Reef (8 of 13).jpg
Reef (9 of 13).jpg
Reef (3 of 13).jpg
Reef (4 of 13).jpg
Reef (10 of 13).jpg
Reef (11 of 13).jpg
Reef (12 of 13).jpg
Fantastic build and photos!

OP
OP
Heyy_KB

Heyy_KB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently purchased two tank-bred misbar clowns from Manhattan Aquariums. They acclimated nicely and took to their RBTA home within a minute of being in the tank. It was pretty amazing to see them swim right up the RBTA and host. I had my good friends name the two fish. =) Coral wise, I think I am close to being done with stocking. I am trying to limit corals and just have large colonies of few corals. Softies to be exact. Less maintenance and fuss. As much as I love coral, i dont like the look of over stuffed tanks with dozens and dozens of frags. Call me basic but I think its appeasing to have less corals but larger size. I am, however, still looking for a wrasse to put in the tank. What is everyone's fav. reef safe wrasse?

Fish (1 of 6).jpg
Fish (2 of 6).jpg
Fish (4 of 6).jpg
Fish (5 of 6).jpg
Fish (6 of 6).jpg

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone's fav. reef safe wrasse?

Beautiful photos again.

I recently got a very small yellow coris wrasse. So much personality and this one has zero fear, constantly tooling around the tank. When I clean the glass with the algae magnet, he follows the magnet looking for food. The bravest little fish I've had and completely peaceful so far.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 7.3%
Back