OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well even in 5.5 inches of water with the valve all the way open it still does nothing but overflow. wonder what BRS return policy is because this thing is a piece of crap

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well even in 5.5 inches of water with the valve all the way open it still does nothing but overflow. wonder what BRS return policy is because this thing is a piece of crap
You already used it and said it was fine until you cleaned it. Wouldn't nkt be surprised if they tell you to go through the manufacturer. I wonder if a film in the sump is causing it.

Good luck with the rma.

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You already used it and said it was fine until you cleaned it. Wouldn't nkt be surprised if they tell you to go through the manufacturer. I wonder if a film in the sump is causing it.

Good luck with the rma.
thats what I was thinking.... I talked to Joe over at Glasscages and hes said hes never heard of any issues with the new glass or silicone causing it. So I wonder if there was some type of protectant or chemical in the sump. I wish I had another skimmer to try and see if it does the same thing

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try a hefty waterchange or take the cup off and letbthe skimmer run wild for a few days. See if it calms down

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try a hefty waterchange or take the cup off and letbthe skimmer run wild for a few days. See if it calms down
did a 20% water change already but I think I am going to make more water and do another one. Cup has been off since Saturday just letting it overflow back into the sump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back