Nyos Ion-B

  • Thread starter Thread starter bandando
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Has anyone found a calculator for the NYOS Ion? I'm going to switch from AFR but need to figure out my dosage. Currently dosing 39ml of AFR.

NYOS Concentration: 2000ml canister contains 20,000 dKH
BRS AFR: 1000ml Carbonate Hardness Concentration: 6,000 dKH

Is that exactly how they write it? The nyos info is unclear what the concentration is. Giving a volume is not part of a concentration in dKH.
 
Is that exactly how they write it? The nyos info is unclear what the concentration is. Giving a volume is not part of a concentration in dKH.
Both are copied from BulkReefSupply. This is the dosage on NYOS site -
  • Dosage should replenish daily consumption of alkalinity.
  • 1,000ml (34 fl oz) of ION-BALANCED ALK/PH+ contain approx. 10,000 dKH
  • Guideline for dosage: 5-10ml/day per 100 L (25 gal) of tank water
 
If it really is 10,000 dKH, you would use 0.6 times as much as the BRS recipe.

Soda Ash or Bicarbonate for the BRS recipe? The BRS calculator has Soda Ash (liquid) at about half the dosage of Bicarbonate (liquid) for the same alk increase.

From the Nyos website:

1,000ml (34 fl oz) of ION-BALANCED ALK/PH+ contain approx. 10,000 dKH
1,000ml (34 fl oz) of ION-BALANCED CA/MG+ contain approx. 72,000 mg Ca
 
NYOS is 10,000dkh per liter. BRS soda ash is around 5,300dkh per liter.

NYOS is supposed to have a calculator but I haven’t seen it yet. I recently switched my big tank to NYOS Ion-B from AFR and I just use the BRS calculator for soda ash and cut the dose in half. It should get me close enough. I’ll test again on Saturday to see where I’m at 😃
 
NYOS is 10,000dkh per liter. BRS soda ash is around 5,300dkh per liter.

NYOS is supposed to have a calculator but I haven’t seen it yet. I recently switched my big tank to NYOS Ion-B from AFR and I just use the BRS calculator for soda ash and cut the dose in half. It should get me close enough. I’ll test again on Saturday to see where I’m at 😃
I emailed both NYOS and BRS before switch and they both said no plans for a calculator but maybe in the future 😆 Lame but I did as you and cut my dosage in half and been slowly bumping it up.
 
I emailed both NYOS and BRS before switch and they both said no plans for a calculator but maybe in the future 😆 Lame but I did as you and cut my dosage in half and been slowly bumping it up.

Ryan at Serious Reefs called and told NYOS they had to have a calculator or people won't adopt it. They agreed and should have one shortly
 
Hope so, I just emailed them Thursday and that was their answer.

I emailed them last week too, and was forwarded to BRS support (handling the US support for Nyos apparently), who basically told me that I'd need to use a calculator to find my dose... but there was no calculator currently. 🙄
 
I emailed them last week too, and was forwarded to BRS support (handling the US support for Nyos apparently), who basically told me that I'd need to use a calculator to find my dose... but there was no calculator currently. 🙄
If you ever need to contact NYOS Germany you have to use [email protected] not the contact form. Otherwise like you found it goes Ecotech than is forwarded to BRS. Pain in the rear but I have gotten service/parts from Germany.
 
Hi guys,

thank you very much for the feedback, that really helps us. We thought a calculator is not that important because we have a very intuitive dosing chart on the canisters.

BRS finally added the Ion-B Dosage to their calculator:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-calculator/alkalinity-calculator-reef
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-calculator/reef-calcium-calculator
If you have contact details from some other people running a calculator, let us know.

Also, if you need any help with the
 
Hi guys,

thank you very much for the feedback, that really helps us. We thought a calculator is not that important because we have a very intuitive dosing chart on the canisters.

BRS finally added the Ion-B Dosage to their calculator:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-calculator/alkalinity-calculator-reef
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-calculator/reef-calcium-calculator
If you have contact details from some other people running a calculator, let us know.

Also, if you need any help with the

Working the calculator backwards it shows it as a 10,000 dKH solution but the description on the BRS site shows 20,000 dKH. Which one is correct?
 
Working the calculator backwards it shows it as a 10,000 dKH solution but the description on the BRS site shows 20,000 dKH. Which one is correct?
2 liter contains 20,000 dKH.
Thus the KH of the solution is 20,000/2 =10,000.

So both are correct.
 
2 liter contains 20,000 dKH.
Thus the KH of the solution is 20,000/2 =10,000.

So both are correct.

Not correct. If the solution is 10,000 dKH then any volume of that solution is 10,000 dKH.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new