• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Nyos Quantum 160 Protein Skimmer

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling my used Nyos Quantum 160 protein skimmer. It always worked flawless, silent as can be, skimmed great and isn't overly picky on water level in sump. I have owned both the 120 and 160... best skimmers I have ever owned. $375 shipped to the continental USA.

IMG_2477 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_2479 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_2478 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is this beast and why are you selling?

It is 1-1/2 years old. I forgot to add that I replaced all of the o-rings about 1 month ago. I broke my tank down.

ReefChef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is 1-1/2 years old. I forgot to add that I replaced all of the o-rings about 1 month ago. I broke my tank down.

Like many others I hate to hear this, aff yoor talk has set the standards for a lot of attempted builds. I am in the planning process of a 750xxl and have referenced yoor build, cleanliness, and attention to detail quite a bit. Even funnier when googling control panels and such, yours always pops up! Good luck to you, I hope to see another build with your name on it.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like many others I hate to hear this, aff yoor talk has set the standards for a lot of attempted builds. I am in the planning process of a 750xxl and have referenced yoor build, cleanliness, and attention to detail quite a bit. Even funnier when googling control panels and such, yours always pops up! Good luck to you, I hope to see another build with your name on it.

Thank you, I appreciate that! I have BIG plans for the tank... I just won't be needing a skimmer or power heads :)

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***SOLD***

debees5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get replacement O rings? I think the 120 may have a small one on top of the bubbler tube that I may not have seen when I cleaned it. I found the other two orings (cup and bottom of adjustment tube), but can’t find the small one.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get replacement O rings? I think the 120 may have a small one on top of the bubbler tube that I may not have seen when I cleaned it. I found the other two orings (cup and bottom of adjustment tube), but can’t find the small one.

The o-rings come from EcoTech... they are the Nyos distributor for the USA. I don't think they show them online though... you will need to call.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back