Nyos Quantum 160 Protein Skimmer

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
2,568
Reaction score
4,412
Location
Normal, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling my used Nyos Quantum 160 protein skimmer. It always worked flawless, silent as can be, skimmed great and isn't overly picky on water level in sump. I have owned both the 120 and 160... best skimmers I have ever owned. $375 shipped to the continental USA.

IMG_2477 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_2479 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

IMG_2478 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr
 
How old is this beast and why are you selling?

It is 1-1/2 years old. I forgot to add that I replaced all of the o-rings about 1 month ago. I broke my tank down.
 
It is 1-1/2 years old. I forgot to add that I replaced all of the o-rings about 1 month ago. I broke my tank down.

Like many others I hate to hear this, aff yoor talk has set the standards for a lot of attempted builds. I am in the planning process of a 750xxl and have referenced yoor build, cleanliness, and attention to detail quite a bit. Even funnier when googling control panels and such, yours always pops up! Good luck to you, I hope to see another build with your name on it.
 
Like many others I hate to hear this, aff yoor talk has set the standards for a lot of attempted builds. I am in the planning process of a 750xxl and have referenced yoor build, cleanliness, and attention to detail quite a bit. Even funnier when googling control panels and such, yours always pops up! Good luck to you, I hope to see another build with your name on it.

Thank you, I appreciate that! I have BIG plans for the tank... I just won't be needing a skimmer or power heads :)
 
***SOLD***
 
It is 1-1/2 years old. I forgot to add that I replaced all of the o-rings about 1 month ago. I broke my tank down.
Where did you get replacement O rings? I think the 120 may have a small one on top of the bubbler tube that I may not have seen when I cleaned it. I found the other two orings (cup and bottom of adjustment tube), but can’t find the small one.
 
Where did you get replacement O rings? I think the 120 may have a small one on top of the bubbler tube that I may not have seen when I cleaned it. I found the other two orings (cup and bottom of adjustment tube), but can’t find the small one.

The o-rings come from EcoTech... they are the Nyos distributor for the USA. I don't think they show them online though... you will need to call.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new