Observation: lighting between Radion vs AI when purchasing corals

ewanho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an AI Prime on one of my tanks and have noticed an interesting observation.

When I buy Zoas from a LFS that uses AI lighting, the zoas are fine and have no issues.

When I bought from a store running Radions, the zoas closed up and melted away after a few weeks.

I tried different LFS that run radions and same result of melted zoas. Even bought the same type of zoa that matched a store that runs AI. (Same type of zoa Utter chaos)

same result if I buy from hobbyist.

anyone else had that experience?

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an AI Prime on one of my tanks and have noticed an interesting observation.

When I buy Zoas from a LFS that uses AI lighting, the zoas are fine and have no issues.

When I bought from a store running Radions, the zoas closed up and melted away after a few weeks.

I tried different LFS that run radions and same result of melted zoas. Even bought the same type of zoa that matched a store that runs AI. (Same type of zoa Utter chaos)

same result if I buy from hobbyist.

anyone else had that experience?
I guess I'll let you know in a few weeks, I just bought Zoa's from a store that uses Radions and I am using 2x AI Prime HD's (last gen, not the 16HD's)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back