Occ_motorcycles 2.5 nano build

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. In my 7.5 g I am going to use rock but I don't of a way to get 12.5 lbs in it.

Do you have a pic of the 7.5 gallons so I can see what it looks like and may give some suggestions if I can ... One can always break rock up and make it in smaller pieces so they fit in. I have seen rock in 3 gallon ones so in a 7.5 you should be able to IMO.

OP
OP
occ_motorcycles

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pic of the 7.5 gallons so I can see what it looks like and may give some suggestions if I can ... One can always break rock up and make it in smaller pieces so they fit in. I have seen rock in 3 gallon ones so in a 7.5 you should be able to IMO.

I only have water in it at the moment but I can.

image-2605774469.jpg

image-2131132479.jpg

It's a 12x12x12 cube. I am planning lr in it.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have water in it at the moment but I can.
image-2605774469.jpg

image-2131132479.jpg

It's a 12x12x12 cube. I am planning lr in it.

Yes that should work for LR but I think you need to build like a straight up pillar so that the rock does not touch the glass anywhere and can flow nicely around it. Stack some LR on top on each other and epoxy it together so it cannot be knocked over, or drill through it and put a PVC pipe through it to hold it all together and still put some epoxy. Obviously the base will be wider and gets narrower as you go higher and higher. As I suggested for good flow the rock should not touch the glass anywhere.

Hopefully this helps but if you have more questions do not hesitate to post them here on this thread

OP
OP
occ_motorcycles

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am pretty good about making rock fit when I want to.

I have seen different places where they make rock and then use that. I have built some a year or so ago so I may utilize some of that

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am pretty good about making rock fit when I want to.
I have seen different places where they make rock and then use that. I have built some a year or so ago so I may utilize some of that

Sounds like a good plan indeed and that pillar like structure will ensure good water flow and no dead spots if well set up ... go for it !

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It be cool if u able to find rock shape like a bonsai. I think I know what I will do for the next tank :)

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It be cool if u able to find rock shape like a bonsai. I think I know what I will do for the next tank :)

Actually I think that shape is sold online but you would have to do a search for it and see what you come up with, but of course if you buy smaller pieces of rock you can probably fashion it yourself in that shape. May take a little while to get it right but it should be possible.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 9 11.3%
Back