Occ_motorcycles 2.5 nano build

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel better about this tank because of the rock and the ability to add a fish.

Any suggestions on a fish?

Banggai Cardinal, Citron Goby, Sand dwelling gobies with shrimp, Bicolor Blenny ... and more of course there are plenty you can add but I would definitely not add a Clownfish as it will want the whole tank to itself.

What corals are you going to add ? Any idea yet ?

OP
OP
occ_motorcycles

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Banggai Cardinal, Citron Goby, Sand dwelling gobies with shrimp, Bicolor Blenny ... and more of course there are plenty you can add but I would definitely not add a Clownfish as it will want the whole tank to itself.

What corals are you going to add ? Any idea yet ?

So far thinking a small acan. Trumpet coral. A small finger leather. Maybe a chalice. I have a small green and red favia. All of these very small.

I may also put a small piece of macro algae but haven't decided what one I want to do but it would have to be freakin cool

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far thinking a small acan. Trumpet coral. A small finger leather. Maybe a chalice. I have a small green and red favia. All of these very small.

I may also put a small piece of macro algae but haven't decided what one I want to do but it would have to be freakin cool

That sounds good but it seems like a lot but then if they are all very small it may be OK. And my suggestion would be to go slow in adding them and let the system catch up with the load before you add more but I am sure that you knew that way the way to do it ...

OP
OP
occ_motorcycles

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah each is considered frags. And the ones that get big will not be on the rock. If I did some gsp I will just keep it on a small rock in sand. And the chalices would be seperate from others

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah each is considered frags. And the ones that get big will not be on the rock. If I did some gsp I will just keep it on a small rock in sand. And the chalices would be seperate from others

Sounds like a plan ... looking forward to seeing how it all develops ... happy reef keeping

soutzee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be going good remember the 2.5 i told you i was gonna build... i wanted to take the black rim off and managed to snap 2 crystals in half (damm when is not one thing is another i swear im not menat to build it lol). but you can check my thread its a 10g but the main display is 7.8G. But so far yours seems nice ill ocntinue to tag along

OP
OP
occ_motorcycles

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be going good remember the 2.5 i told you i was gonna build... i wanted to take the black rim off and managed to snap 2 crystals in half (damm when is not one thing is another i swear im not menat to build it lol). but you can check my thread its a 10g but the main display is 7.8G. But so far yours seems nice ill ocntinue to tag along

Thanks. :) I've broken my share of tanks.

OP
OP
occ_motorcycles

occ_motorcycles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i only seem to break the ones that i want to experiment with lol

Well dorkys 40b sps Dom tank was one I broke. (Installing the plumbing on tank.) and my very first build was gonna be a 29 laid on its back and the then top was gonna be back and taller than the tank and I was gonna mount te light on that. Great idea. Just make sure that the tank your working with is NOT tempered.

And most recently I was drilling a ten for an algae tough scrubber build and broke it too. :(

soutzee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow seems you have more exp at breaking them than me jajajaj I just hope I could fix it and try do it again this time without cutting my hand jajaj

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's sad cause I took this tank down and now miss it :(

I guess that happens to all of us indeed. But once it is taken down there is not much you can do to get it back unfortunately but we all move on and get new tanks from time to time so good reef keeping with what you now have.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 93 50.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%

Back