Occelaris Sucking on Bounce Mushroom

  • Thread starter Thread starter shimps1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shimps1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
138
Reaction score
82
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much as the title describes. Anyone seen anything like this? This is the female of my pair, both are captive bred.

She has also been getting more and more black spots, which I know are stings, so I think she is looking for a host. I have two decent torches she could host, but no true anemones.


 
It's fairly common with clowns and the clown host. Speculation is that it may inoculate the clown, the anemone doesn't recognize clown fish proteins.
 
I believe the clown is trying to get used to the mushroom, and this is a normal behavior for clowns trying to host something
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new