OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also try to think of the stand as being black its not done yet but thats the idea... and maybe another 40lbs of rock making up caves to the left as i have 120lbs so far.... WHAT ABOUT THOSE ARCHES HUH!!!! ignore that fact i still need to fill the gaps lol....

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190418_214048.jpg
I'm leak testing a 46 gallon bow front, O' what I would do with a 180 bow front

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw another one on the east coast 2 days ago on facebook for 150 needed resealed and a stand.

Softee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, but why the New stand??

And why not the Durso stand pipes for drains,extremely quieted down the full flows it came with.

I personally have revived an Oceanic 175, same tank in the last month or so. Picked it up for $400 with an almost complete setup of parts. Tank needed a reseal and the stand floor was shot.

But the parts alone were worth more then the tank.

Ended up resealing the tank, put in a durso drain pipes, and even fit a Trigger emerald39 sump in the original stand, along with hardlines and Uv filter, with room to spare.

Moving it into my living room next week, to start water cycling to hopefully get some fish in it by end of next month.

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did swap it for durso it's so quiet I can hear the sine hum from the dc return pump..... as for the stand I do still have it someone wants it I like the stand to be taller 40" give more room below and kid hand prints off the tank lol. And also a more built in look at the end hood will continue to the ceiling and the left side will continue to the wall so we can hang the tv there also. The stand sounds the same as your the bottom was shot the rest of the stand was in great shape.

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made more changes to the arches more happy this time I think I might be done. To whom it my concern drilling we base rock is a bad idea one rock shattered into rubble which sucks cause it was a piece from a lfs so I paid double per pound lol.... hooked up the rough heads up display to check placement and appeal. Over all coming together screens for the top will be the next project!!

Icebergreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made more changes to the arches more happy this time I think I might be done. To whom it my concern drilling we base rock is a bad idea one rock shattered into rubble which sucks cause it was a piece from a lfs so I paid double per pound lol.... hooked up the rough heads up display to check placement and appeal. Over all coming together screens for the top will be the next project!!
I see that you were working on setting this tank up about four years ago. I am thinking about getting the same tank and I’m just wondering what’s your thoughts were. I’m also interested in that return system that you have set up underneath all the rocks. And anything That you would change now that it’s four years later. Thanks.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back