OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lps softies is the plan weird as it sounds the sps don't catch my eye as much as the softies and Lps do.. it is also the final home for our fish we have so far and room for more later.

I plan on keeping the 30 gallon half moon that is currently located to the right of main display and it might be a sps later but I plan on removing the back glass from that and replacing the tempered that came with it go it can easily be plumbed into the mainstream.

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragging for friends will be a big thing for me soon as after me leading the way 3 friends have converted from fresh to salt and we live hours from decent saltwater stores and still only 1 specializes in coral.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragging for friends will be a big thing for me soon as after me leading the way 3 friends have converted from fresh to salt and we live hours from decent saltwater stores and still only 1 specializes in coral.
Nicee! Sounds like your house will be the place to be! Haha

JMoody

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the shape and size of your tank, they used to be all over the place, now it is much harder to find them.

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big progress today floor reinforced 2x6 4" on center under the tank half way point fell onto a steel Ibeam and the far right side fell onto a cinder block support. So the work was in adding some extra 4x6s and a couple 4x4 and concrete 240 lbs of it for 2 4x4s.... Best part of all was most the work was from above after cutting the floor open...

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190224_144451.jpg
20190224_142440.jpg

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be all downhill now reseal...leak test.... building rocks....finish plumbing...... add equipment..... That's not much.... lol

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super sweet build! My first big reef tank was the oceanic 180 Bowfront. Awesome tank for sure. Good luck w everything. Exciting build

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super sweet build! My first big reef tank was the oceanic 180 Bowfront. Awesome tank for sure. Good luck w everything. Exciting build

Thanks man it's been alot of work so far and the kids love helping work on projects it's been slow since Sunday is the only day off I get besides that maybe an hour or two in the evenings

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More progress being made worked on the sump tonight

Btw plate glass 1/4" sanded edges ran me 70 bucks which is about 7$ sqf for what I ordered

Rocks reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its coming along nicely! Glad to see you are planning this out. Looking forward to updates

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to only do it once which should cut down on the changes lol

3 sump designs later I'm happy for now....

Question I do have is 2 weeks cure time for silicone standard or would a week be enough?

OP
OP
L0stmykeys

L0stmykeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocks are mocked up I'll let this sink in for the night before constructing them....

Piping is for the closed loop system and the diy rock will be made over them...

To the left will be a pillar covering the overflow with a cave inside and multiple opening top to bottom for and eel home...

The right side will be 2 pillars 1 hiding the overflow the other to the middle of the tank will create a cliff opening between it and the left pillar and the diagonal line will be a shelf with sand on top to make a tiered look and help break up coral growth and creating caves below for smaller livestock additions....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back