Oceanic 180 reef ready plumbing options

Hocken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a setup that was running for years in my basement that I’m setting up for my father (he has leukemia and really wants something to keep him occupied and excited). I have an Oceanic reef ready with the Megaflow overflows that will be the main display. There is a 100g tank that was drilled for external pumps, and baffled for a sump. A 150g I drilled and installed an overflow on that was raised above the main tank as a refugium that drained to the main tank. I have seen newer overflow designs that are supposed to be better than the Megaflow/Durso design. Can a newer overflow design be used in place of the Dursos, or are they fine? I was wandering if a newer design would work if I used the return holes as another drain and ran my returns over the top. Thank you for any input.

OP
OP
Hocken

Hocken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like recommendations on a return pump. I was thinking the jebao dcp 10000 or 12000. It would supply the calcium reactor, fuge, and main return. The Euroreef recirculating skimmer will be fed off a drain (at least until I can afford to upgrade it to a reef octopus or similar)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back