Ochre striped Cardinalfish vs Flame Cardinalfish

Seanb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking to get either some ochre striped cardinal fish or Flame Cardinalfish. I ended up with a very small pair (< 1 inch) of Flame Cardinalfish, but one didn’t make it through quarantine. Then I found a pair of ochre striped online and ordered them, unfortunately the supplier said one fish was not up to their standards and only shipped one ( though I am impressed by their quality control). Now I have one Flame and one Ochre striped Cardinalfish sitting in separate quarantine tanks. Questions:
Does anyone know if either of these species are okay alone or better off in a pair or larger group?
Do the two species get along? Now keep in mind the flame is very small and the Ochre is almost 4 inches. When the flame grows up they are supposed to be about the same size, but right now it’s David and Goliath, so I’m not sure how they would do together. Any info on these two species would be appreciated.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I have had these type of cardinalfishes - it has always ended with only one left. IME they are like all cardinalfishes very poor shippers if they not are in excellent conditions just before shipping.

If you are put them together in your DT - be sure the you introduce the small one first and let it adapt to the aquaria for a week or two, I can´t say if it work out well but this will at least even out the odds. Remember that both this species is predators on small fish. If your flame can be seen as a prey - do not put them together,

Sincerelöy Lasse

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pjamma & bengai cardinal togther in a 30g get on fine no bickering or anything best buds ;Happy

Back