Octo Lids™

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

M. Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the comments and photos, i'll be reaching out now to order one for my Red Sea 350 i just installed.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I ordered my custom lid just after Thanksgiving, and received it just after Christmas, right on the 4 week time slot. I don't have pics of the box, but Matt did a great job making a custom box for it, and was wrapped in bubble wrap super secure!

My lid was a full on custom, as he did not have the dimensions for an Oceanic 29 Gallon BioCube. I send him pictures, and a cardboard template with exact measurements. Within a week of receiving my template I had a rendering of how the lid would look, and then about 2 weeks after that I had my lid in hand.

Quality is AMAZING! Fit and finish around all cut edges are perfect. Best part is now my fish are safe, but ALL of my light can make it into the tank, no more shadowing at all. That being said I'm looking forward to better coral growth moving forward, and just an all around better experience viewing the tank.

Now what everyone wants to see!

After

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

IMG_6104.JPG

IMG_6500.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_9210.JPG

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. Like what you did to your garage also. Nice man cave. Will be following...

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice!!!!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marineland 48x18 with feed door , anything in stock?

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cromag27 I was pointed in your direction by a local reefer here in Virginia after losing a prized blue throat trigger. What are your lids made from; acrylic, Lexan, etc.?

I read your warranty re: moisture and warping and with the 1/4" depth you mentioned in a post earlier, I should still have 3/4"+ of clearance to the waterline. I might be a wee-bit OCD, any concerns about warping on a 24"x38" rimless w/ 3/4" glass?

Thanks!

M

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my lids are made from a special polycarbonate and have had no instances of warping, regardless of how wet they get. the disclosure is there as a precautionary measure. all plastics can absorb a certain amount of water.

@cromag27 I was pointed in your direction by a local reefer here in Virginia after losing a prized blue throat trigger. What are your lids made from; acrylic, Lexan, etc.?

I read your warranty re: moisture and warping and with the 1/4" depth you mentioned in a post earlier, I should still have 3/4"+ of clearance to the waterline. I might be a wee-bit OCD, any concerns about warping on a 24"x38" rimless w/ 3/4" glass?

Thanks!

M

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a template for the SC Aquariums 66g (32x24)? I normally suck at measuring so I thought I'd ask before sending the useform.
Thanks!

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a template for the SC Aquariums 66g (32x24)? I normally suck at measuring so I thought I'd ask before sending the useform.
Thanks!
sorry i do not. tanks can vary slightly during the manufacturing process so i need exact dimensions of your tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back