Octospawn has BJD!

Sophie"s mom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
3,601
Reaction score
4,533
Location
Va.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening everyone! I see what really looks like BJD on my Octospawn! I am going to remove it, I do not have a hospital tank set up, so I will just pitch it ( 5 heads 😢) but how do I treat the tan so it doesn’t spread?
 
Evening everyone! I see what really looks like BJD on my Octospawn! I am going to remove it, I do not have a hospital tank set up, so I will just pitch it ( 5 heads 😢) but how do I treat the tan so it doesn’t spread?
Yeah, I am super bummed! It started as one head! But I do see several vermitid snails on it, so I am going to assume that is what caused it🤞🏻
 
in my experience the only way to treat it is with cipro. I’ve also cut the infected heads off a colony and successfully saved the rest of the colony by dipping in a cipro bath
 
in my experience the only way to treat it is with cipro. I’ve also cut the infected heads off a colony and successfully saved the rest of the colony by dipping in a cipro bath
Shoot! That ids one thing I do not have and don’t know how/where to get it!
 
in my experience the only way to treat it is with cipro. I’ve also cut the infected heads off a colony and successfully saved the rest of the colony by dipping in a cipro
Shoot! That ids one thing I do not have and don’t know how/where to get it!
hey by chance can either @vetteguy53081 or @Jay Hemdal tell me anything about the best way to treat my tank for BJD? I do know how or where or even how to use Cipro! Some are saying that is the only way to treat it.😬
 
Sorry - I've never had to treat for that, but cipro is the treatment that I've heard of.....
 
Sorry - I've never had to treat for that, but cipro is the treatment that I've heard of.....
Thank you Jay! Do you where I can get that? From everything I have seen it requires a script from a vet to acquire
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new