Octospawn Not Fully Open

  • Thread starter Thread starter BaraCats
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BaraCats

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2022
Messages
24
Reaction score
19
Location
Victoria, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My octospawn has been in my tank for 3-4 months now and has this one little section on its skeleton that will not open. If I recall correctly, I believe I bought it that way but I did think it would expand out when comfortable. There is flesh in this little area, but it has never extended, ever.

I don’t feed my coral too often and it’s in a medium water flow area. When I do feed I give them some pellets, mysis and/or Reef Roids. My parameters are as follows:

Ammonia & Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
Sg: 1.026
KH: 8.7
Ca: 440
Mg: 1320
PO4: 0.2

I test pretty frequently and I havent seen any major swings up or down in any of the readings.

edit: on the image the snail shell poking out the side is a hermit crab. He is not the cause of the polyp’s being retracted.

4C9D8858-D6D4-4D18-82BB-8660866B1771.jpeg


Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 
Last edited:
Can you point out the unopened part?
My bad! I realise it’s not as clear in the photo. This section of skeleton is all the same frogspawn


F66FB0D4-4D00-4365-AFF7-8EEA16DDE6E2.jpeg
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new