Odd behavior MXM and vectra.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tangdora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tangdora

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2020
Messages
894
Reaction score
505
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Trying to use the mxm to control a vectra L2 via profile programming. But getting some odd behavior. Curious is anyone else can confirm the same behavior. Essentially all I’m trying to do is drop the speed down to 1%. I have set up a profile with type as vortech, speed set to constant since the l2 controllers seems to be the same.

The odd things I am noticing is if I set the max intensity to 1% nothing happens when I set the profile. However if I set Max intensity 2% the speed will drop down to only 1 light on the controller.

The 2% will still work for my case just now wondering why it does not work at 1% setting.
 
I think I read somewhere that it has to do with Apex programming when settings are that low.
 
I think I read somewhere that it has to do with Apex programming when settings are that low.
Interesting would have thought there would be a 1:1 relationship given the option selection is specifically ecotech product. But will have to keep this in mind now thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new