Oddball for a 10 gallon?

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had a 10 gallon setup for 7 months now with a couple corals and im wondering what would be a super cool single fish for that tank? Ive thought about a seahorse, possum wrasse and yasha goby but what are everyone elses ideas?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seahorses are a lot of work and need cooler water. What about a frogfish? You’d have to keep up with water changes, have good filtration, and feed a variety of live food, but they’re super interesting.

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seahorses are a lot of work and need cooler water. What about a frogfish? You’d have to keep up with water changes, have good filtration, and feed a variety of live food, but they’re super interesting.
Frogfish are cool however ive only heard they live about a year in captivity and live food is quite expensive where i live

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the possum wrasse would be neat
This is also a different species, also PseudocheilnOPS ataenia is a strange one to own but more common than the possum to grab. I do find possums to be harder to both obtain and have thrive than pseudocheilinops ataenia due to them not being great with frozen/prepared all the time.

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is also a different species, also PseudocheilnOPS ataenia is a strange one to own but more common than the possum to grab. I do find possums to be harder to both obtain and have thrive than pseudocheilinops ataenia due to them not being great with frozen/prepared all the time.
Arent they like a peaceful six line?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can they fit in a 10 gallon ie they have enough rock to peck at?
Mine swims very little and as long as they have the pests and food to peck on they’re happy and ever. I find these guys don’t really need Pods as much as a mandarin or their relatives (Macropharyngodon, Anampses ect…)

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine swims very little and as long as they have the pests and food to peck on they’re happy and ever. I find these guys don’t really need Pods as much as a mandarin or their relatives (Macropharyngodon, Anampses ect…)
Ah okay i shall consider them

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are expert only
expert only on Live Aquaria only because they are poor shippers and often arrive DOA. They are fairly easy to care for with a diet of brine shrimp (which you can hatch yourself easily) and pods.

I have a yellow banded possum wrasse, lovely fish and I definitely recommend it although it can be reclusive.

I'm suggesting a geometric hawkfish, amazing beautiful fish and mine readily accepts frozen foods. It has had no issues with tankmates (although smaller shrimps and crabs would be an issue, I have a full sized cleaner shrimp with it and no problems)

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Coral Croucher Goby or a pistol shrimp/goby pair are two things that come to mind.
Both pretty cool additions to a small tank. Honestly, you could do a goby/shrimp pair, and some sort of small goby so you have a fish more in the open/in the upper portion of the tank, and you have a cool symbiotic relationship below.
But if you see a Coral Croucher consider it, they are super cool (in my opinion at least).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back