OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
expert only on Live Aquaria only because they are poor shippers and often arrive DOA. They are fairly easy to care for with a diet of brine shrimp (which you can hatch yourself easily) and pods.

I have a yellow banded possum wrasse, lovely fish and I definitely recommend it although it can be reclusive.

I'm suggesting a geometric hawkfish, amazing beautiful fish and mine readily accepts frozen foods. It has had no issues with tankmates (although smaller shrimps and crabs would be an issue, I have a full sized cleaner shrimp with it and no problems)
Do the pipefish only accept live? I also thought about the hawkfish but i have 2 sexy shrimp so unfortunately I didn’t want to risk it

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Coral Croucher Goby or a pistol shrimp/goby pair are two things that come to mind.
Both pretty cool additions to a small tank. Honestly, you could do a goby/shrimp pair, and some sort of small goby so you have a fish more in the open/in the upper portion of the tank, and you have a cool symbiotic relationship below.
But if you see a Coral Croucher consider it, they are super cool (in my opinion at least).
The problem is that the coral croucher is venemous which puts me off and the gobies my lfs get are so small they could jump through the mesh lid :/

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that the coral croucher is venemous which puts me off and the gobies my lfs get are so small they could jump through the mesh lid :/
Yeah, I get that. Coral Crouchers are venomous. The venom is not that bad though. But I get that you're nervous, the fish shouldn't dart around and willingly sting you. It's more to prevent it from being eaten. I QT'd a foxface in a small tank, and even he didn't stab me with his venomous spines even if I put my hand in to adjust things.
But hey, if it's not something you wanna deal with or are interested in then don't get it :)
I personally just think they're really cool, and it's funny these little fat gumdrops are venomous lol

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I get that. Coral Crouchers are venomous. The venom is not that bad though. But I get that you're nervous, the fish shouldn't dart around and willingly sting you. It's more to prevent it from being eaten. I QT'd a foxface in a small tank, and even he didn't stab me with his venomous spines even if I put my hand in to adjust things.
But hey, if it's not something you wanna deal with or are interested in then don't get it :)
I personally just think they're really cool, and it's funny these little fat gumdrops are venomous lol
I admit they are very cool, i thought the same about fu manchus

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I admit they are very cool, i thought the same about

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I admit they are very cool, i thought the same about
Yup definitely! It is a bit intimidating having a venomous fish and adding that and acclimating it to the tank. I really want one but I’ve never even seen one in person :( Hopefully I’ll find one in a store one day

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back