OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....and the new office. Much more tiny than the last but at least im still employed!

20180810_164830.jpg

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180906_122829.jpg

I'm about a week late but its been 1 year since I started this little pico tank up.
A few tips I have for fellow hobbyists that want to bring a pico tank to work or school

1. Change water 1-2 times a month.
2. Don't top off with tap water, just bring a gallon milk jug full of RODI
3. Clean the glass daily, the hard algae will build up quick on the glass
4. Don't add a fish to any tank under 10 gal
5. Only keep 1 snail per gallon.
6. No crabs, No crabs, No crabs!!
7. Enjoy it and watch the corals slooooowly grow.

ReeferMadness0347

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s really awesome! I’m getting a tank in my office too. 45 gallon! But I have the privilege of working from my home office.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The mesh lid didn't come with the kit. it came with a solid plexi-glass. I cut a hole in it and added the mesh myself to allow the light through.

I can't wait to see your goby/shrimp pair! I thought about a pair for mine, but I never seem to have luck with them.
How did you cut your lid? I have a mod after Christmas with the same thing.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This little tank was the inspiration behind a 3g Cubey that Santa is bringing my son. He is a zoa freak. I just wanted to say thank you for your pics and this thread.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little tank was the inspiration behind a 3g Cubey that Santa is bringing my son. He is a zoa freak. I just wanted to say thank you for your pics and this thread.
Aww Very cool. This makes my day. I hope your son really enjoys his corals and fish. Hopefully we can all see a build thread of it after the new year!!

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190121_075324.jpg

The pico has been very slow growing in most aspects. It's very tough keeping it stable enough for everything to thrive. Everything is slowly growing but not as fast as it would if it was in a larger tank. I've noticed I now have clove polyps everywhere. This may eventually be the end of this little tank :(

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been close to 8 months since I've moved from the main office in Grand Prairie, TX to Addison, TX. Today I have a meeting at the Grand Prairie office about our sister company buying us. They are based out of Mansfield, TX. Hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones to keep my job and get to work from Mansfield. This little tank and I have done a lot of traveling so far. Im not sure if the Mansfield office will let me keep the pico tank. So it may end up back in my house in Euless, TX. Hoping for great news!

Here is a quick shot of the tank. Notice all of the blue polyps covering the rock, background and drowning out the zoas that were once there.

20190329_114745.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back