Official macna 2010 photo thread!

Ricordea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This event was down right awesome.There wasn't enough time to do it all that I wanted to.The folks that put this together need a huge THANK YOU ! Everything went great,couldn't ask for anything more.As for eye candy.You couldn't find any coral that you weren't looking for.And go to World Wide Corals was the best for the rare exotics.I only had two problems ran out of money.And wish I had more time.I did talk to a lot of folks and sponsors their.And a few did say,this was the best event they been to.But want to thank R2R,MACNA everyone that was involved here.It was them who many this event a GREAT TIME.
Thanks

oceanarab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and my wife had a blast!! It was great to meet rev and revs girl at the macna!! Hope to see y'all in Iowa !!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and my wife had a blast!! It was great to meet rev and revs girl at the macna!! Hope to see y'all in Iowa !!

It was great meeting you guys as well! We'll see you there for sure!

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a great time! Met a bunch of good people and brought home some nice frags! It was great to meet Rev and revs girl. It was early fri so you may not remember me but thanks for the mousepad and cards!

hyperboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great booth and thanks for the towel! Very nice meeting both of you and loved the mascot!

phirefly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev and Tonya, it was so nice to meet you guys this past weekend. You guys did a phenomenal job with the booth and continuously had them lined up three and four deep for information. Way to get the name out there! Although I still maintain Reef2Reef Man was creepy...hides... ;)

I'm greatly looking forward to MACNA in Iowa. It's not all corn out here in the midwest :bigsmile: They are a great club who has really started the ball rolling. It's going to be a wonderful show.

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2607.jpg

:hammer:

Last edited by a moderator:

phil519

Got Rotifers?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
behind the scenes at s e a world

rev...quick peek at what you missed after you left thursday...

Water Change anyone? (that is 3 pallets). Apparently they re-use the "dirty" water for the larger mammals since they could care less about high nitrates. They also make their own by combining dry NaCL and h2O. Because of the frequent rain, they have to reverse osmosis the water and extract the freshwater out of the outdoor tanks. Skimmate gets collected by a private company for disposal.
IMG_4588.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes Mike I did. He came back when the show was almost over. He had went to Tampa the night before. What a slacker! HAHA!

I t was so awesome meeting all of you! We need to do an a R2R get together at the next one for sure!

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we need to pick a location & time in or near the host hotel for a Reef2Reef gathering and get a group shot.
Will be great to put more faces with the names. :wink:

Steve

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bunch more images to be added tonight!!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also please post all of your images of MACNA as well in this thread!!

phil519

Got Rotifers?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a shot of the ballasts secured on the ceiling of the main reef tank at m a n t a.

IMG_4574.jpg

Each ballast powered a 1000 watt 14k mh hamilton bulb. They only used "half" the ballasts shown at any one time. I forget the reason why.

Here's a side shot. The entire bracket of lights could be moved up or down with a flip of a switch.
IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4573.jpg

Back