Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of you know I been dealing with my issues, but in the background has been other issues that my family has been battling. My stepdaughters health has declined as well. Yesterday she went to her doctor and her kidneys have declined severely. She's in terminal failure and in a lot of pain. We went to church today and the members gathered around us and prayed for her and our family. They have committed to help us and support us. I'm doing everything I can to be the rock in this situation.

Any and all prayers are needed.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of you know I been dealing with my issues, but in the background has been other issues that my family has been battling. My stepdaughters health has declined as well. Yesterday she went to her doctor and her kidneys have declined severely. She's in terminal failure and in a lot of pain. We went to church today and the members gathered around us and prayed for her and our family. They have committed to help us and support us. I'm doing everything I can to be the rock in this situation.

I will keep you and your stepdaughter in my prayers! I will also pray that God gives you strength as you work through this!

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can’t imagine what you are going through. That’s rough when we see our own children in pain. So sorry. Just prayed for your family.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t imagine what you are going through. That’s rough when we see our own children in pain. So sorry. Just prayed for your family.

Thank you all.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayers for my wife. She goes in tomorrow for a biopsy on a tumor they found in her neck. JP

Thanks everyone! We got fantastic news last week when my wife went in for her biopsy. Before the biopsy they did a quick ultrasound. They said the tumor had shrunk on it's own and they want to hold off for another three months to see if it continues to shrink. We couldn't have asked for better news. JP

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a religious person but I feel that prayers are a way for humans to transfer positive energy and connect with one another.
With that being said my wife and I could use some of that love right now. We have been expecting our first child for the last 35 weeks or so and this week we had a little surprise when she decided to come early. My wife developed some preeclampsia and needed to have a c section. So our new little girl is here and a bit premature but strong. She’s having some apnea (decreased breathing which causes low oxygen spells) which requires some special care right now in the hospital but seems to be doing well and is expected to grow out of it quickly. So we’re optimistic but naturally a little stressed at the moment.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a religious person but I feel that prayers are a way for humans to transfer positive energy and connect with one another.
With that being said my wife and I could use some of that love right now. We have been expecting our first child for the last 35 weeks or so and this week we had a little surprise when she decided to come early. My wife developed some preeclampsia and needed to have a c section. So our new little girl is here and a bit premature but strong. She’s having some apnea (decreased breathing which causes low oxygen spells) which requires some special care right now in the hospital but seems to be doing well and is expected to grow out of it quickly. So we’re optimistic but naturally a little stressed at the moment.

Don't need to be "religious", just Faith.

I will pray for you, your wife and little girl that God watches over all of you and gives all of you strength to get through this. Hang in there!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Praying for you and your precious family @hatfielj .

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have an awesome church family that is faithful to pray for us I felt led to bring a request to you guys today.

Circumstances just seem to be falling like dominoes against my family in the last few months. My Mom has Alzheimer's Disease and is a challenge to care for. Unfortunately my Dad has also developed Vascular Dementia and has quickly declined even faster than my Mom. My brother and I stay with them alternate nights while working full time jobs. It's a hard thing to watch happen.

Then about 6 weeks ago my sister in law who we're very close to was diagnosed with Mesothelioma. The average life expectancy is 6-12 months for most with this cancer. She is 55 years old with a new born grandson. She is a rock but I worry about my brother-in-law.

Yesterday my brothers youngest child attempted suicide. He's ok physically but a wreck emotionally and spiritually.

To top it off, my oldest child's husband took a job about 8 1/2 hours away from us to teach college. Their 3 kids which we have grown used to seeing often are out of our reach with our present circumstances.

That's a lot to digest but God has been faithful and our faith though challenged has only grown stronger. Pray for healing, strength, stamina and comfort in knowing that God is still God and He is good!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have an awesome church family that is faithful to pray for us I felt led to bring a request to you guys today.

Circumstances just seem to be falling like dominoes against my family in the last few months. My Mom has Alzheimer's Disease and is a challenge to care for. Unfortunately my Dad has also developed Vascular Dementia and has quickly declined even faster than my Mom. My brother and I stay with them alternate nights while working full time jobs. It's a hard thing to watch happen.

Then about 6 weeks ago my sister in law who we're very close to was diagnosed with Mesothelioma. The average life expectancy is 6-12 months for most with this cancer. She is 55 years old with a new born grandson. She is a rock but I worry about my brother-in-law.

Yesterday my brothers youngest child attempted suicide. He's ok physically but a wreck emotionally and spiritually.

To top it off, my oldest child's husband took a job about 8 1/2 hours away from us to teach college. Their 3 kids which we have grown used to seeing often are out of our reach with our present circumstances.

That's a lot to digest but God has been faithful and our faith though challenged has only grown stronger. Pray for healing, strength, stamina and comfort in knowing that God is still God and He is good!

@man, @saltyhog you have a lot on your plate to say the least. God knows your stuggles and he hears our prayers! I'm praying for you and your family!

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have 27 week preemies. They are 13 and heathy now. It can be a rollercoaster. However it sounds like your little one is going to be fine. Praying for you my friend.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 27 week preemies. They are 13 and heathy now. It can be a rollercoaster. However it sounds like your little one is going to be fine. Praying for you my friend.
Oh man, I can't imagine her being so young. Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. It helps so much to hear from others who have been through this.

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@man, @saltyhog you have a lot on your plate to say the least. God knows your stuggles and he hears our prayers! I'm praying for you and your family!

Thank you @Flippers4pups . My sister in law had a massive brain hemorrhage this afternoon. They removed life support a few minutes ago and we're waiting on God's timing.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Flippers4pups . My sister in law had a massive brain hemorrhage this afternoon. They removed life support a few minutes ago and we're waiting on God's timing.
I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow! So sorry to hear. Prayers sent for you and the family! Continued prayers going forward.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back