Ohio LEAR Frag Swap

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all my fellow reefers. I was fortunate to attend the recent LEAR Frag Swap that was in my area this past weekend here in northeast Ohio. I been in the hobby for 31 years and oddly this was the 1st time I took time to attend one. I was very pleased! The experience made me a bit more relieved with all the current new regulations the various government's are trying to push with purchasing fish and corals these days. To attend the swap and see everyone with their propagated beautiful corals for sale was awesome. I took 100 bucks with me thinking Id maybe get 1 or 2 small things. I walked out of there with 5 large corals stemming from an awesome goni to a galaxia. I was kicking myself cause my money was spent before I even made it into the next room where there was plenty more to view and purchase. I guess my point to writing this post is the fact that it was nice to see all ages buying and selling saltwater coral and gear. The interest in the hobby for sure is elevated and it looks like a big majority is getting the hobby right with the number of corals they were able to propagate and sell from their mother colony's. I saw the LEAR group has a calendar with many more swaps moving around the country over the year. If you haven't gone to one and your have the time, its worth checking out. After that experience I'm thinking about becoming a member and seeing how I can help support the hobby more for the future.
Happy reefing.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello to all my fellow reefers. I was fortunate to attend the recent LEAR Frag Swap that was in my area this past weekend here in northeast Ohio. I been in the hobby for 31 years and oddly this was the 1st time I took time to attend one. I was very pleased! The experience made me a bit more relieved with all the current new regulations the various government's are trying to push with purchasing fish and corals these days. To attend the swap and see everyone with their propagated beautiful corals for sale was awesome. I took 100 bucks with me thinking Id maybe get 1 or 2 small things. I walked out of there with 5 large corals stemming from an awesome goni to a galaxia. I was kicking myself cause my money was spent before I even made it into the next room where there was plenty more to view and purchase. I guess my point to writing this post is the fact that it was nice to see all ages buying and selling saltwater coral and gear. The interest in the hobby for sure is elevated and it looks like a big majority is getting the hobby right with the number of corals they were able to propagate and sell from their mother colony's. I saw the LEAR group has a calendar with many more swaps moving around the country over the year. If you haven't gone to one and your have the time, its worth checking out. After that experience I'm thinking about becoming a member and seeing how I can help support the hobby more for the future.
Happy reefing.
LEAR is always a good show. If you liked that there is a show in Pittsburgh, PA coming up April 9th with many of the same vendors. www.3rmas.com
Lear was a great time and looking forward the 3RMAS swap! As the raffle coordinator I can say we will have some great prizes!
EF51034D-A813-4D4A-859D-B7057F6D1090.jpeg

RFAnemos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally went to my first one the beginning of February here in my hometown louisville ky literally within walking distance of my house it was small (only about 8 to 10 vendors) but it was really nice and addictive lol..prices and vendors much better than the LFS..infact I'm heading 2 hours north next weekend to the IDMAS frag swap (Indianapolis Indiana) can't wait..this one should be bigger and better with it being closer to Chicago good thing I'm going for 1 specific thing (RFAs) cuz I would go broke lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back