Okay, I did it AGAIN.

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again,

I went to Petco (don't judge, I know, I'm crazy) but we needed mysis shrimp...lol..

2 weeks ago, we went an purchased microvert...I found a baby bubble tip nem in one of the tanks....didn't look good OBVIOUSLY....I gave them advice...the dude said he'd take it, he seemed pretty geniune...but I guess not...

Today, I went and looked for the bubble tip..and couldn't find it...at first ..
Under closer inspection...we found it...all shriveled and being ate by a hermit crab...

I was very upset...and asked my husband if I could buy it...the price said $30...I didn't care because I just wanted to save it...it wasn't dead yet.. wounded yes...but it was TRYING HARD to live...

My husband said "no" naturally...why spend $30 on a dying nem...right?
Well then we got the idea to barter with her...or at least try...and she did...I explained to her the condition and how we know what they need ect..

She gave it up for $14.99...

Worth it to me...so we got it...I'll include pics....I will be attempting to revive it.. and it's showing good signs/progress already :)
IMG_20171118_152110.jpg
IMG_20171118_163207.jpg
IMG_20171118_163202.jpg

You can see where it was torn...we took it out of the bag after acclimation and it instantly attached to my husband's hand :) first sign of hope . It can still stay secured to a rock...for a moment all the tenticles bubbled up, as if to say thank u...but maybe I'm crazy...more pics later :)

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good....the nem is still attached to the live Rock...we feed the tank mysis shrimp and now the nems mouth is opening wide...I think it's hungry...should I feed it?

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed it mysis shrimp...and it ate immediately. So happy right now.
IMG_20171118_183110.jpg
IMG_20171118_183104.jpg

T2LEE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great news! My Petco doesn't even sell saltwater fish/coral and the one 8 miles away never has coral but marine fish. Good luck, the Nem is looking good!!!

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys :) will keep you guys updated :) any body have any suggestions on how to make this guy heal a little faster? R/O wash maybe?

T2LEE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys :) will keep you guys updated :) any body have any suggestions on how to make this guy heal a little faster? R/O wash maybe?
I add a little Iodine from Brightwell Aquatics to my tanks when things like that happen. My BTA had a chunk taken out of his foot (I still have no idea how it happened) and I added a few drops of Brightwell Iodine and a week later he is all healed.

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermits will try to get at center. . Or small hitch hiker crabs...had to pull most my hermits out in the past 30 min because all they wanna do is pick at his wounds.

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed the 6" rule when it comes to my frog spawn....but what if the nem is unhappy with it's placement and decides to bubble up and float around the tank....what if it lands in the frog spawn...will the frog spawn fight it....or retract? I'm nervous...the frog spawn is the only "territorial/ aggressive" coral I have....unless hammers need to be worried about as well....stressing about sleeping lol

Coley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubble tip moved at night and must of hit my hammer which was nearby because it killed one of the hammers heads. Just shriveled up and fell off in like two days. So it can happen to them unfortunately. Rest of the hammer perfect.

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t dip it or add any chemicals. Keep the water parameters stable and allow it to heal. Put a net/cage around it if needed to prevent floating or anything else agitating it.

There comes to a point where anemones are not able to be saved. Hopefully it hasn’t reached that point. Did you drip acclimate it? They are sensitive to fast water changes.

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes we drip acclimated for almost 2 1/2 hrs... It's acting funny today .. kinda as if it's eating it's weird white pieces that were everywhere on it when we bought it (obv insides of nem) .

It was all shriveled and laying flat.. so I stuck my hand in the tank and tickled it's foot...lightly of course..just to see if it was still alive...and it was...it retracted to my touch....and it ate...yesterday...just today I'm nervous

Back