Okay, I did it AGAIN.

AQUAM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job saving the sweet looking nem!!! Really hope the little thing will pull through.

Btw, how is the ‘Petco judgement’ still a thing? ... for those who don’t know, Drs. Foster & Smith (which operates Liveaquaria.com) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Petco.

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He responds to touch and waves or a hermit brushing against it... I have hope it just needs like weeks of rehabilitation

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the supplier of Petco...it's who they hire to run the tanks...they have no experience or little to none....at least at this one...

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to talk bad about Petco in general...more towards my lps Petco because we have rescued this game from there before. ..like a huge carpet nem....

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Petco is OK depending on who works. They say they have a salt guy, and prefer to not mess with the tanks unless he is there. That means they do not really care for the tanks on his days off, and prefer not to sell when he is gone either. So i guess that is a catch 22. Me being two towns from there, and not a driver, makes it very hard for me to get there to begin with, and matching his time frame is pretty hard to do.

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not good. I'll take pics in a second...she detached and we moved her to the sand bed placing her in a dip/hole so she can't float into my hammer or frog spawn.. she's still alive....amazingly...she's shriveled but still has colors...the insides are still hanging out/ stuck to the tenticles...her foot isn't too sticky but the tenticles are....and she moves/responds to touch. Not giving up yet :(

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20171120_203511.jpg
IMG_20171120_203502.jpg

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The large hermit that ate him took a pretty big chunk..but didn't damage the mouth .. I wish i could pull the dead build up off it's tenticles but I don't know if they are stuck or attached still...just kinda letting it so it's thing...other then when I flip it back over

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys I hope it pulls through :( it's tenticles look flat.. most of them....but some are nice and bubbly...I wonder if it will split itself do to the extent of it's injuries....anyone seen a nem get tore up and live? I mean.. it can't be any worse then fragging nems by cutting them in half...right.. almost the same thing....unless the crab ate a major artery or organ or something crazy along the lines of anemone anatomy. . .
I honestly have faith....I just checked on it (as I was typing this :) ) and its mouth is noticable now...I noticed hermits approaching it...I watched just to see if they were after the nem or.. just prowling for a copapod. They didn't touch the nem. They cleaned around the nem and left..so I personally feel like it's not 'dying' but deff on the brink....

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics look like a Good Save. I like to feed the anemone mysis to reward it for hanging out where I want it. Put some selcon on the food

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done you for saving the BTA hope it pulls through for both of you I once watched someone "frag" a BTA and the guy sawed it in half with a knife and then he said he did this on average every fortnight. But it was comical to watch as the BTA sort of folded itself in half so th open side met in the middle and it repaired itself in days. So if it can I'm sure that you'll be on to a winner. Good luck and I'll be keeping a look out for all your updates.

jrlafrance

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, just let it do its thing and leave it alone. As long as there is light and water movement it should be fine. I've seen them looking like they were spewing their guts out and recover. Good catch, hopefully it will pull through for you!

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly it has passed. Thanks morning I woke up to find it flat and mushy no movement and I coul literally tell it was deteriorating...so I picked it up and took it out of the water...no movement and it stunk to high hell. So I flushed her :(

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry to hear that! I wish I could help but my tanknis still too new for a nem.

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's okay :) hopefully Petco learned it's lesson...I made sure to burn anemone care into the main fish 'experts' head...at least the nem died happy..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back