Old diablo 200 replacement pump

Jilet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i am wanting to replace my diablo 200 pump, currently its sicci psk1000. It is very loud even after cleaning it thoroughly. I was wondering what my options are as far as the replacement, any help would be appreciated!

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can replace the Sicce 1000 with several different pumps. Depends on what you are looking for out of the pump.

For an upgrade you can look into a controllable DC pump like the VarioS 4S: https://www.coralvue.com/varios-4s-controllable-skimmer-pump
or a direct replacement like the Aquatrance 2000s: https://www.coralvue.com/aquatrance-3000s-skimmer-pump

Both are great pumps manufactured by Reef Octopus. Just select you model skimmer when purchasing to ensure the correct output adapter comes with the pump. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
J

Jilet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for something that is silent, is the aquatrance ac or dc pump? Thank you.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both quiet but the VarioS tends to be more of a near silent pump. I have the VarioS 6S running externally in my office. No cabinet to muffle the sound either. So I would suggest the VarioS pump.

OP
OP
J

Jilet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeremy ive just recieved rodc5500 from coralvue and its not starting, is there something i am not doing? Ivw tried everything from removing the impeller and making sure everything is connected. Please help, thanks.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back