Old newbie to the "Hobby"

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R and all you reefers out there. A little background on myself. Started my 1st saltwater tank in Norfolk VA in 1970. Made uncountable walks from the beach to the house, with a 5 gal bucket, hauling live beach sand (shudder) and Chesapeake Bay water (double shudder) for a 20 long. Had an Aquamaster box filter and netted my own Silversides, Atlantic Spadefish, inverts and a baby Horseshoe crab. Never lost a thing to my recollection (beginners luck!) and upon discharge from the Navy returned them from whence they came. Over the years I've had many salt tanks from 20g to 125g. I even ran my own saltwater aquarium installation and maintenance company for a while. Got out of the "Hobby" 16 years ago after a catastrophic loss from a bad RO unit which poisoned my 55g FOWLR with iron and copper. My wife and I are about to relocate to sunny Fla and one of the first things we want is a FOWLR again, probably a Nano. Rest assured I'll have lots of stupid questions because I've found that technology has come a long, long way in 16 years. I look forward to getting advice and input on accessories, lighting, cycling, and livestock from you more seasoned veterans. And yes, I will foto document my tank as I go along. Can't wait to start!

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good Info here don't be afraid to ask.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 125

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to a fantastic hobby!

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome back to the hobby! I'm jealous that you get to move to sunny Florida! Seems you will have a lot of hobbyists, stores, and events to attend there!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back