On the look out for Bambi!!

Delta1389

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been sitting out deer season the past few years myself, too busy chasing birds. May actually get in a tree a few times this year and try to stick one. Got a few more weeks to wait for them birds while the gator tail is getting some goodies put in it.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
deer6-L.jpg

Can't wait for the weekend again.................. oh yes sorry this is a reef/marine forum............ got to skip the water change, testing, bulb change, feeding the fishies, clean the glass, empty the skimmer cup, making new RODI water, buying frozen Mysis, buying salt as I don't have any for the last three months again.
Going to be busy once I'm back out of Utah :(

aquaman30k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben, how long are you out in Utah? Do you hit up any leases back here at home? I got a buddy that offered to take me up to his lease and would love to find another spot to get more practice on in between trips. First Texas hunt!

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben, how long are you out in Utah? Do you hit up any leases back here at home? I got a buddy that offered to take me up to his lease and would love to find another spot to get more practice on in between trips. First Texas hunt!

I have a few leases that I hunt on.
One is not from you in Willis off FM 1097, new caney river runs through it and National forest right on the property line.
I go far often to west Tx past San Antoin close to Bandera and to Fredericksburg.
Will be back in Utah at the end of November, yes that means Turkey some where on a mountain for thanksgiving :D

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to enjoy hunting thru this post, I havent been out the past 4 years since I seem to have some type of surgery close to hunting season.

This year it was shoulder surgery in august and elbow surgery next week.

Archery is my true love and bow hunting is a bonus. I would rather hunt with a arrow any day over a bullet. It brings you closer and is more of a challenge.

Being in Michigan there are lots of deer but if you dont have private property its slim pickings. Lost my spot 2 years ago as the farmer ended up taking out the rest of the woods that was along the fields that I had permission to hunt.

Now the kids are getting old enough to hunt, might have to think about a out of state hunt in a few years. Ohio Illinos Iowa, there are monsters there and its with in driving distance.

Thanks for sharing your season with us.

Rich

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayer to you for your surgeries my friend.
Hoping you get some in this season or next make it into a family happening with the kids.
My son is in college and opt out for hunting this season and my daughter is a anti hunt freak :p
She did washed my clothes in regular soap and put dryer clothes in my hunting bins where I keep all my stuff.
No good the deer could smell me from miles on opening season, but I still love her.
She know I don't get out just to hunt and kill animals, I'll don't lay it on if the animal is closer that 30 yards with the bow.
Doe's with spots or young I won't shoot, and bucks need to be older than 3 years at least.
So far nothing yet in my freezer this year but will be at it Halloween weekend and might dress up like a bow hunter for that ;)................ hey wait a minute.............LOL :rolleyes:

Ljaus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually wanted to take up bow hunting, we have a problem with introduced and feral animals in parts of Australia that cause some big problems for the native wildlife. Unfortunately my outdoor activity days are all but over. Good luck with your season

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took out the boat for a change and did a different hunting.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Black tip baby, had to change her diaper before releasing her, lol.
image.jpeg
41" and 21lb bull red.
We flexed some muscles to rig her in ;)

Pruett-nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a haunted house here that a local firefighter ( female) fixes every year . She raises money for burned children in the county and I always got to be the scary clown lol . I work pretty much 7 days a week so not much huntin going on but I do love my Matthew's outback .

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that sounds like a blast if your ever in the market for a trophy mule deer. Got a nice bachelor heard about 30 minutes from the house.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got skunked on opening weekend. Literally. I had a pair of skunks crawl into my ground blind (just some pallets and branches for cover). I immediately vacated said blind and fortunately didn't get sprayed, but it certainly was not the wildlife I was hoping to see that morning.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got skunked on opening weekend. Literally. I had a pair of skunks crawl into my ground blind (just some pallets and branches for cover). I immediately vacated said blind and fortunately didn't get sprayed, but it certainly was not the wildlife I was hoping to see that morning.

Oh no :p

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at it again.
image.jpeg
Loaded up yesterday the whole nine yards.
image.jpeg
On the road since 5am this morning and just past up San Antone.
5 day hunt, wish me luck.

bump3rb33tl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at it again.
image.jpeg
Loaded up yesterday the whole nine yards.
image.jpeg
On the road since 5am this morning and just past up San Antone.
5 day hunt, wish me luck.
Good luck! Hope you get a big 'ole buck!

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take it or leave it.......
image.jpeg

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you're having a blast Ben!!! Hoping to do a little "saltwater hunting" aka fishing tomorrow on my (much needed) vacation.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back