One Hanna Checker to rule them ALL!!

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will stick to few $ test kits until there is indeed one device to test everything, with one "click"....

I compared hanna results with cheap hobby grade test kits, such as salifert, jbl, aquaforrest, even with el cheapo tetra, diana.....

Results are nearly identical. I think that for most users really dont matter is it 5 or 5.03, is it 450 or 450.2....

So, until there is need to do each test individualy, ill stick to basic tests, even in perspective of accuracy, hanna is same as everyrhing....

Yes, its easier to read number on screen rather than counting drops or comparing colors, but, for such price difference.....

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So those of you that are moaning about the price, calling it a new toy etc etc. What is it you are looking for? All of the R&D put into these things goes unnoticed most of the time which is a shame. How about if this multiparameter tester had two reaction chambers? The egg testers were given a memory? What’s the ideal unit you want?
Honestly...if the eggs had a 'last test value recall' feature..I would be happy happy joy joy...and may be multi egg case. Outside of that, I really dont have complaints on the eggs.

Happy Ren And Stimpy GIF

Agree with you on the pricing and cost comment. If it is too expensive..dont buy it. Profit is a big reason why our industry has gotten a lot of attention and advances lately.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a money grab by hanna, plain and simple.

Why would they make an all in one that costs nearly twice as much, take you nearly twice as long to perform the tests, and not be any more precise as the eggs?

Most people will see the all in one design, the hanna name, and never check the price of the individual eggs. That is exactly what Hanna is counting on. We as a society like things to be simple and easy to use. This AIO makes it "easier" to run tests rather then collect many different eggs.

If you like it, and don't mind the little differences between this and the eggs, or the "extras" you get with the AIO, then by all means go for it.

I myself do not see the point as I already own all the eggs I choose to use.

eqbal9947

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got into the hobby and bought like 6 hanna checkers. would have been nice to have known about this

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got into the hobby and bought like 6 hanna checkers. would have been nice to have known about this
Honestly...you are better off with the 6 (although I would argue you could have gotten away with three and I feel the ULR nitrate and phosphate are generally a waste of money)...the user experience for the average person is a lot better with the eggs. I would say that if is almost a 5/1 ratio of comments supporting the eggs over the all in one mainly because of the time it takes doing these sequentially vs simultaneously but also because of the cost. All in one has a few benefits (auto tracking and set it and forget it mode) but generally the conclusion is that the eggs are going to be the dominant of the two options for the foreseeable future.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back