One piece at a time

Thealangator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

This is my first time posting to this forum. I just wanted to share a very low cost build that I am in the midst of.

It started when I purchased a Reefer 170 with a cracked corner for an extremely discounted rate. I was able to patch the corner using GE 1 silicone.

My next step was to build a backwall to enhance the esthetics of this small tank. With less than a hundred dollars of materials, borrowing a tile saw from a friend, and a few afternoons of 'tiling' the stone, it was completed. In my opinion, it turned out great (check out the picture)!

I then upgrade the unappealing red sea door. Luckily, I have a friend in the epoxy business. With some left over materials, we laid white and Grey epoxy onto the prepped door in a marble fashion. I was pleased with the result!

My future plans include: adding trim to conceal the corner repair, procuring a light, and building a minimalist rock structure so as to not take away from the back drop. And of course, to save as much dough as possible for livestock.

Please share your critiques and recommendations. All are welcome.

Thank you,

TheAlanGator

20221222_101026.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

This is my first time posting to this forum. I just wanted to share a very low cost build that I am in the midst of.

It started when I purchased a Reefer 170 with a cracked corner for an extremely discounted rate. I was able to patch the corner using GE 1 silicone.

My next step was to build a backwall to enhance the esthetics of this small tank. With less than a hundred dollars of materials, borrowing a tile saw from a friend, and a few afternoons of 'tiling' the stone, it was completed. In my opinion, it turned out great (check out the picture)!

I then upgrade the unappealing red sea door. Luckily, I have a friend in the epoxy business. With some left over materials, we laid white and Grey epoxy onto the prepped door in a marble fashion. I was pleased with the result!

My future plans include: adding trim to conceal the corner repair, procuring a light, and building a minimalist rock structure so as to not take away from the back drop. And of course, to save as much dough as possible for livestock.

Thank you,

TheAlanGator

20221222_101026.jpg
I really like that tank stand you have, pretty rare I see a marble look to a tank stand like that!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Greetings,

Thank you,

TheAlanGator

20221222_101026.jpg
This is what makes this hobby what is is . . . . . . .

1671727099909.png

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 49 34.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back